Heart of Midlothian v Cowdenbeath, 28/02/2015

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the referee was the reason you conceded 10 goals.

A specious statement. OK, the referee wasnt responsible for all 10 goals, but the total wouldnt have been the humiliating number ten if there hadnt been a dubious sending off with a dubious penalty. So then it can equally be said that the referee WAS responsible for Cowdenbeath losing 10 goals.

Your team absolutely demolishes another side 10-0 in your romp to the title, and still you have a dig about Hibs :lol:

Actually, make that 2 digs :lol:

Aye. I am right though. Heard the same point being made on the radio yesterday too. Stubbs seems like a nice enough guy but he's a dour moaning barsteward at times.

A specious statement. OK, the referee wasnt responsible for all 10 goals, but the total wouldnt have been the humiliating number ten if there hadnt been a dubious sending off with a dubious penalty. So then it can equally be said that the referee WAS responsible for Cowdenbeath losing 10 goals.

But equally if we're delving into what might be, the boy who got sent off may have started a rammy two minutes later which led to three Cowdenbeath players being sent off, then the ref would be responsible for it being 22-0 (or thereabouts).

It was probably a 50/50 red card decision, but when you've seen some of the REAL nonsense that we've had players sent off for in the last few years, I'll hopefully be forgiven for not giving too much of a shit.

Your team absolutely demolishes another side 10-0 in your romp to the title, and still you have a dig about Hibs :lol:

Actually, make that 2 digs :lol:

You do realise that your coaching team, and your forums, even Stubbs himself are saying you lot are the best team in the Championship. We'll be reminding you of this right up to the end of the season (5 weeks for us.) Hibs = The "almost" team. Remember the "Relegation Party" - you donkeys.

The first pen - ball hit man as he had turned round to block the shot. The second was also wrong as he was on the deck and the Hearts player ran in to his leg and went down. Third pen - there was contact so a penalty was correct. He did go down a bit easily but that is normal nowadays.

I still think that most refs would give the first penalty. I certainly jumped out my seat claiming it.

The second was unlucky for Cowdenbeath. Looked like a bit of a tangle which looked innocent enough. Maybe the ref saw something the camera didn't. I was buying a pie at the time so didn't see it live.

The third one was pretty clear cut.

Aye, it was only December 2013 when we were 5-0 down to Celtic at half-time and were fortunate to escape with 7-0 in the end.

I doubt any Hearts fans will think any less of your club after yesterday. It was simply a freak event that sometimes happens in football.

I stayed to the bitter end that day. Almost like a rabbit staring at the oncoming headlights. Fixated by the impending self doom.

I was impressed by the number of Cowdenbeath supporters who stayed to the end yesterday but I imagine they were going through the same thing.

Just like Elixir I'm keen to avoid sounding patronising. That said, I want to praise the vast majority of opposing fans I've come across this season. Hearts had been in the top league for so long that a lot of us had forgotten that the 'wee' teams exist. I'd certainly forgotten that a Cowdenbeath or Queens fan's enjoyment of supporting their team is just as important and valid as an Aberdeen fan's or a Dundee United fan's. The difference is that fans of the bigger clubs could learn quite a bit from the wee team fans. We could learn how to win and lose with good humour. We could learn how to warmly welcome visitors to their town/city ( a special bow here to the QoS guys).

The highlights of this season for me are not restricted to what happened on the pitch. They include two wonderful trips to Dumfries, the Beer festival in Kirkcaldy, and seeing Hearts fans applaud 100 Cowden fans at full time yesterday. Other great memories are the night-time kick-off at Falkirk (great hospitality all day in the boozer near the station), meeting the Raith guys on Remembrance week-end, the cancelled game at Cowden and the resulting piss-up in the Goth, and singing all those daft songs with the young yins up in Section G corner.

I've immensely enjoyed this season. The results have been great, but the genuine friendliness and good humour of our new found friends will be the lasting memory. I know a few Hearts fans (myself included) who will have mixed feelings about leaving this league to go back to the eye-watering drudgery of away games at St Mirren, Dundee and Motherwell.

Thanks.

I have a lot of fondness for Cowdenbeath, partly through a family connection and at the risk of sounding patronising, like to see them doing well. Black Diamonds and the Blue Brazil is also one of the best books written about football. I enjoyed seeing my team playing well and scoring goals yesterday but at the same time a part of me was saddened that it was at the expense of the Blue Brazil. For me it would be one of the greatest achievements in Scottish Football history of they manage to stay up for a 4th consecutive season in the 2nd tier, as the stature of the club is comparable to most of those in the 4th tier. I wish them all the best for the rest of the season.

I have a lot of fondness for Cowdenbeath, partly through a family connection and at the risk of sounding patronising, like to see them doing well. Black Diamonds and the Blue Brazil is also one of the best books written about football. I enjoyed seeing my team playing well and scoring goals yesterday but at the same time a part of me was saddened that it was at the expense of the Blue Brazil. For me it would be one of the greatest achievements in Scottish Football history of they manage to stay up for a 4th consecutive season in the 2nd tier, as the stature of the club is comparable to most of those in the 4th tier. I wish them all the best for the rest of the season.

Nice post Martin T and thanks for your good wishes.

Go easy on us at Central though ???? although you guys will probably be fielding your reserves by then

showing at a bookshop near you...

post-882-0-73538800-1425242586_thumb.jpg

Just like Elixir I'm keen to avoid sounding patronising. That said, I want to praise the vast majority of opposing fans I've come across this season. Hearts had been in the top league for so long that a lot of us had forgotten that the 'wee' teams exist. I'd certainly forgotten that a Cowdenbeath or Queens fan's enjoyment of supporting their team is just as important and valid as an Aberdeen fan's or a Dundee United fan's. The difference is that fans of the bigger clubs could learn quite a bit from the wee team fans. We could learn how to win and lose with good humour. We could learn how to warmly welcome visitors to their town/city ( a special bow here to the QoS guys).

The highlights of this season for me are not restricted to what happened on the pitch. They include two wonderful trips to Dumfries, the Beer festival in Kirkcaldy, and seeing Hearts fans applaud 100 Cowden fans at full time yesterday. Other great memories are the night-time kick-off at Falkirk (great hospitality all day in the boozer near the station), meeting the Raith guys on Remembrance week-end, the cancelled game at Cowden and the resulting piss-up in the Goth, and singing all those daft songs with the young yins up in Section G corner.

I've immensely enjoyed this season. The results have been great, but the genuine friendliness and good humour of our new found friends will be the lasting memory. I know a few Hearts fans (myself included) who will have mixed feelings about leaving this league to go back to the eye-watering drudgery of away games at St Mirren, Dundee and Motherwell.

Thanks.

I echo that 100%.

This season has been great on and off the pitch.

You do realise that your coaching team, and your forums, even Stubbs himself are saying you lot are the best team in the Championship. We'll be reminding you of this right up to the end of the season (5 weeks for us.) Hibs = The "almost" team. Remember the "Relegation Party" - you donkeys.

post-49094-14252448130014_thumb.jpg

You keep reminding us of it, it really really gets to us, me specifically.

That was nothing to do with my original post but you crack on mate.

showing at a bookshop near you...

This book was fantastic Ron and I had great pleasure reading it having only followed Cowdenbeath the year they won the second division.

Having also had a Di that worked in the Pit it was good to read the mining side of things

Don't want to be patronising, but: Cowden are a fucking gang; their fans are mutants; and I hope they are still in absolute agony from yesterday.

Archived