Heart of Midlothian v Cowdenbeath, 28/02/2015

I've just watched the goals. This game was always going to be difficult to say the least. However the referee was a disgrace. A pumping turned in to a humiliation due to his ineptitude. The sending off was nothing short of ridiculous. At least two of the pens were just wrong.

PS. Save the verge of tears pish for someone else its not original nor clever.

I'm interested to know what pens you thought were wrong? The sending off is very harsh, I'll grant you that, but the only debatable penalty is the first one. The other two were stonewallers imo.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ozturk's goal is another screamer. Bet Stubbs is beeling - that's three 'he'll never do that again' one-in-a-million such goals he's scored now.

Great stuff from Hearts - you often hear that teams 'could've made it ten' but it hardly ever happens.

Your team absolutely demolishes another side 10-0 in your romp to the title, and still you have a dig about Hibs :lol:

Actually, make that 2 digs :lol:

I'm interested to know what pens you thought were wrong? The sending off is very harsh, I'll grant you that, but the only debatable penalty is the first one. The other two were stonewallers imo.

The first pen - ball hit man as he had turned round to block the shot. The second was also wrong as he was on the deck and the Hearts player ran in to his leg and went down. Third pen - there was contact so a penalty was correct. He did go down a bit easily but that is normal nowadays.

The first pen - ball hit man as he had turned round to block the shot. The second was also wrong as he was on the deck and the Hearts player ran in to his leg and went down. Third pen - there was contact so a penalty was correct. He did go down a bit easily but that is normal nowadays.

Maybe I'm looking at it in maroon tinted specs, but I thought the 2nd penalty was clear as day. If it was the other way about I'm sure you'd say the same. I'd agree about the first penalty, at that speed and how close he was, it's an extremely harsh decision, and the sending off was never a sending off.

Shows how gutless we were when Gomis ,an ex Cowden player takes the piss with the pen and still lasts till the end of the game.

Any professional with any pride on the end of a drubbing like that would have stretchered him at first opportunity.

And how many goals were scored from outside the box. Thomson needs to get some Practise in at actually stopping some shots.

Shows how gutless we were when Gomis ,an ex Cowden player takes the piss with the pen and still lasts till the end of the game.

Any professional with any pride on the end of a drubbing like that would have stretchered him at first opportunity.

And how many goals were scored from outside the box. Thomson needs to get some Practise in at actually stopping some shots.

You couldn't even get near him to put him on a stretcher. :lol:

From the highlights it looks as if the 3rd penalty was denying a goal scoring opportunity and could technically have been a red but the referee would have to be a heartless b*****d to not give Cowdenbeath the benefit of the doubt there

Maybe I'm looking at it in maroon tinted specs, but I thought the 2nd penalty was clear as day. If it was the other way about I'm sure you'd say the same. I'd agree about the first penalty, at that speed and how close he was, it's an extremely harsh decision, and the sending off was never a sending off.

You are spot on,at the other end we would be shouting for them.However the first one is firmly in the category of some you get some you dont.Kenny was booked also and given how good Hearts are out wide its a double punishment.No matter how many times i look at the second pen i cant see it.Two players competing for the ball and both go down.Penalty and red card are just nonsense.Given that we had got through the first twenty odd minutes level these are big calls and ended the game right there.That said Hearts are a country mile ahead of the Dundee and Hamilton sides that got promoted last year and the gap from them to us is huge.

You are spot on,at the other end we would be shouting for them.However the first one is firmly in the category of some you get some you dont.Kenny was booked also and given how good Hearts are out wide its a double punishment.No matter how many times i look at the second pen i cant see it.Two players competing for the ball and both go down.Penalty and red card are just nonsense.Given that we had got through the first twenty odd minutes level these are big calls and ended the game right there.That said Hearts are a country mile ahead of the Dundee and Hamilton sides that got promoted last year and the gap from them to us is huge.

For me Madden was just his usual pish self. The guy loves himself. He gave us fouls that were dubious and if we had actually managed to get in the box and fall over, I think we could have got a pen.

Without wanting to be patronising I do feel for the Cowden players and fans. I hope you turn it round and stay up.

Cheers, some Hearts fans forget the horrible season you guys had last year and your young players getting a beating nearly every week. But your stronger for it now so hopefully we can do the same.

That red card is very harsh. The defender doesn't seem to be tripping his opponent on purpose, and the penalty that you got in compensation is actually a bigger opportunity to score than the one taken away by the foul. A yellow will do in such situations.

To be clear here, are you saying the laws should be changed or the ref didn't apply them correctly?

Also, why do you think a trip has to be "on purpose" for it to be a foul.

Make sure you buy four tickets for all four sides, otherwise just make do with the highlights.

:)

:lol:

Cowdung/tenbeath. :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be clear here, are you saying the laws should be changed or the ref didn't apply them correctly?

Also, why do you think a trip has to be "on purpose" for it to be a foul.

:)

:lol:

Cowdung/tenbeath. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I take it from your lack of spelling ability, you are 5 years old. Run along now sonny.

For me Madden was just his usual pish self. The guy loves himself. He gave us fouls that were dubious and if we had actually managed to get in the box and fall over, I think we could have got a pen.

Don,t think you can get a penalty for a foul in you,re own box.Nicholl doesn,t allow us anywhere near our opponents box.

Cheers, some Hearts fans forget the horrible season you guys had last year and your young players getting a beating nearly every week. But your stronger for it now so hopefully we can do the same.

Aye, it was only December 2013 when we were 5-0 down to Celtic at half-time and were fortunate to escape with 7-0 in the end.

I doubt any Hearts fans will think any less of your club after yesterday. It was simply a freak event that sometimes happens in football.

Archived