Celtic v The Famous Aberdeen

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Title race :lol:

Team at the top of the league, Celtic, have played 25 games in a 38 game season and are 3 points ahead of the team in second place, Aberdeen, who have played one game more. However, although all logic dictates otherwise, there is no title race according to various people on this thread. The only reason this can be the case is that Celtic deem Aberdeen to not be worthy challengers to them. Can the Celtic people on here please advise which team in Scotland that they would deem to be worthy challengers?

We are in great form and have a real chance of winning on Sunday. I'm sure that we will lose at least one goal as goalkeeper is definitely our weakest link, but we can score goals against that Celtic defence, no matter who they play there. One huge plea though, don't give away any corners, none whatsoever!

Well 3-1 just to give them a goal they have no chance at winning this leauge

A condescending statement that I'm sure was told to Atletico Madrid fans last season and to Montpellier fans a few seasons ago. Clearly we have a chance. Whilst Celtic have been playing much better in recent times don't for a second think you're omnipotent in domestic football. Even if Celtic weren't playing in Milan on Thursday I would have great confidence that the current Aberdeen team would go to parkhead and give them a real test. As it stands the inevitable euro hangover gives us an advantage, one I expect the Aberdeen management to exploit.

We are in great form and have a real chance of winning on Sunday. I'm sure that we will lose at least one goal as goalkeeper is definitely our weakest link, but we can score goals against that Celtic defence, no matter who they play there. One huge plea though, don't give away any corners, none whatsoever!

Big test this for Scott Brown, he hasnt really been tested since what happened at Hampden, Im still unsure about him but he is definately a better bet than Clangers.

I think he will though, better keepers than him have made howlers, you only have to look at Gordon last week, what makes them is how they bounce back.

Hope he makes a good early save and his confidence will grow from there.

Really think we have a chance of winning this and pushing on.

Absolutely agree, but out of the eleven players that will start, he will be our weakest. But he is capable of a decent performance.

His distrubution is certainly better than Langfield, still reckon McInnes may be having a look at the position in the summer.

Why would we be looking for a new #1 keeper when Brown has been decent and we've finally got a plug for LB? Makes no sense whatsoever.

He is decent I agree, but could we get better?, its time Langfield went and he will if he dosent get first team football especially at his age, therefore either we promote a young gun or look for someone else to challenge Brown.

Im happy enough with him too, but if he is challenged by another keeper it can only be a good thing.

Archived