Celtic v The Famous Aberdeen

Some of us sat through that Aberdeen dross for years. I apologise for being chuffed at seeing us winning something as compared to someone swanning in once we've gotten good.

Really???, ive supported Aberdeen for near enough 25 years, I known more bad than good, in fact Ive known more terrible than bad.

I certainly havent "swanned" in I can promise you that, god knows I have taken enough pelters over the years from both sets of the gruesome twosome.

But even then I still went to as many games as I could and I still will, good and bad, unfortunately with work I just cant get up to Aberdeen as often as I'd like.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all lined up to be a cracking game. There was not much in either of the previous meetings and we've certainly been on a roll since then.

That said, our defence is still worrying me. I'm not convinced by Brown and the centre half pairing have only played a couple of games together.

All we need to do is defend on our half way line and we'll be fine. :lol:

Really looking forward to this and hopefully we can make those arrogant twats on here look a bit 'sheepish'.

We have got to do better than the last time we went down to Parkhead. For 60 minutes Scott Brown bossed the game and we was dreadful, the last 30 we was very good but we have to start better this time.

I agree with your thoughts on the defence, thought Daniels looked poor against Hamilton although thankfully they didn't trouble us too much and I'm not a big fan of Scott Brown - think he is similar to Langfield although distribution is a lot better.

This is the best Aberdeen team I've seen in nearly 20 years and it will be a great yardstick to how close we are to Celtic. Hopefully they don't bottle it and we give them a game similar to the Scottish Cup match.

This is a far more important game for us than it is for celtic because they can lit and still go on to win the league. IMO, we can't. A draw at the very least is what we need to keep this 'title race' going.

A win would obviously be better and if we can't do it when they are on the back of a European away match, then we'll not do it later in the season once they've been paped out.

I'm looking forward to this but not enough to actually pay good money to go down to the shitehole.

My TV with a cold beer in hand will do for me.

Decent view, without having to go through a warzone to get there. And no stewards treating me like shit.

Less of that sort of sectarianism, if you don't mind, you'll be getting us a bad name...

Wow this thread has fairly went off topic.

back on topic I think the ref will be Bobby Madden Andrew Dallas or John Beaton. Not announced yet tho.

Those three are in europa league action and we probably dont have enough refs available to give them all the wknd off so I'd imagine it'll be one of them.

Hopefully John Beaton as he's certainly not Celtic minded

back on topic I think the ref will be Bobby Madden Andrew Dallas or John Beaton. Not announced yet tho.

Those three are in europa league action and we probably dont have enough refs available to give them all the wknd off so I'd imagine it'll be one of them.

Willie Collum just for the LOL's?

As long as its not Collum

Not Dallas. Utter shite.

I was thinking that it will be Steven MacLean, Craig Thompson or Willie Collum.

Celtic didn't cut your allocation, the only team to do that was Aberdeen when we visited.

We should have given Aberdeen more tickets but ive heard it was due to segregation problems at the turnstiles. They either take 1800 or 7000, any less ment opposing fans using turnstiles next to each other and sharing the concourse inside the stadium, not sure how much truth is in that but keep having a dig if it helps you get through the day.

We had 2500 at the Scottish Cup game last season. You could have given us that.

John Beaton confirmed

The fact that there's only a 3 point gap between the sides as we enter March, given the astronomical difference in budgets, proves how fucking shite a manager Ronny Delia is. Celtic should be 20 points clear with that squad.

Can't remember any specific time he's dicked us over?

Is he any good?

He's the rangers season ticket holder who allowed the insane Moshni goal last season. Fingers crossed he hates Celtic more than Aberdeen

Archived