Celtic v The Famous Aberdeen

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typical of Scottish football. Celtic Aberdeen next week should be the showpiece game of the domestic league season and so far it has been underplayed in the media and has suffered from a ticket allocation f**k up. Should have given Aberdeen 3000 tickets and put on some kind of promotion with the home fans, even a 2 match discount with a ticket for the Inter game. Try to get over 50,000 in and a good atmosphere.

I have a sneaking feeling that Aberdeen are going to do a job on us as well. European hang over is fully expected.

very well said Depeche and pleasing to hear from a Celtic fan. Next Sunday could be a game that will live long in the memory regardless of outcome

very well said Depeche and pleasing to hear from a Celtic fan. Next Sunday could be a game that will live long in the memory regardless of outcome

I doubt it. It'll likely be 3-0 Celtic in front of 20,000 fans and will be completely forgettable.

Maths is bad. M'kay?

We've had 3,500 at both Dundee venues, 3,000 at Inverness, 2,500 at Perth and 2,000 at St Mirren recently.

Your theory nae worky. :unsure:

Missed the point. I'm not saying that Aberdeen don't ever take more than 1800 away fans to games, I'm saying that the dedicated fans who go to all or most of the games will not be more than Aberdeen are receiving tickets for. The fans who deserve it most will all be sorted. Same as the Celtic fans who deserve a ticket most will get for Pittodrie. It's only going to be the non regulars and day trippers (on both sides) who will miss out on a ticket.

How many of those 3500 go regularly to away games, regardless of how well the team is doing, when it isn't a nice easy hour long train ride from Aberdeen? I don't believe for a second that it's more than 1800.

Interesting. I can think of at least 4 teams (Saints, Utd, Dundee, ICT) where Aberdeen brought over 1800 fans this season. There's probably more.

Basically you're talking shite and should accept that your club is in the huff with Aberdeen/inept at making suitable arrangements for larger crowds.

I'm not defending the club at all. I think they should just give the Aberdeen fans the section that the **** got, the full 7/8k. Why not.

Just pointing out that those who deserve a ticket most will be sorted.

The fans who deserve it most will all be sorted.

The idea about 'deserving' a ticket is completely arbitrary and the conditions for which only reside in the imagination of whoever is making the argument. Somebody who goes to away games week in week out is 'deserving', yet someone who used to do it for a solid decade and no longer can all the time because of work isn't? Someone who has a young family and can't take them along to the football all the time? Someone who financially cannot commit to following all games right now? I could go on.

There is no 'deserving' and 'undeserving' when it comes to ticketing.

Typical of Scottish football. Celtic Aberdeen next week should be the showpiece game of the domestic league season and so far it has been underplayed in the media and has suffered from a ticket allocation f**k up. Should have given Aberdeen 3000 tickets and put on some kind of promotion with the home fans, even a 2 match discount with a ticket for the Inter game. Try to get over 50,000 in and a good atmosphere.

I have a sneaking feeling that Aberdeen are going to do a job on us as well. European hang over is fully expected.

Sky have put it on 12:00, at the same time as Liverpool vs Man City. If there was ever a time to try and sell Scottish Football to the casual fan, this was the time but clearly its just some filler for them away from the "real" football.

Sky have put it on 12:00, at the same time as Liverpool vs Man City. If there was ever a time to try and sell Scottish Football to the casual fan, this was the time but clearly its just some filler for them away from the "real" football.

Doesn't even look like there's a 4pm kick off in England next Sunday so I don't see why this couldn't have been played then. Obviously Saturday's out the window with us playing Inter on Thursday night but surely a later kick off would have been a better idea, means what is effectively the showpiece fixture of the whole season will lose a significant amount of viewers as pretty much every neutral will choose to watch the inevitable bore fest at Anfield.

I'm also bitter as it'll mean getting out my bed for about 10 on a Sunday still reeking of drink from the night before. Fabulous.

Archived