Got Milk?  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Instead of purple the 1% stuff is orange in Saisbury's. I like to get the orange stuff but the best before date in Sainsbury's on the 1% milk is always a good few days less that all the other milk. So I usually get the green top and have voted accordingly.

Someone in work brought in red top stuff last week, my coffee was like fucking tar.

On a similar subject. Buying milk here is a fairly straightforward affair. Red, green, blue, etc. Buying milk in Australia is a fucking minefield. They've got about 4 million different types and no-one seems to have settled on a certain colour for certain types of milk.

Blue milk for me, especially for drinking it straight, eating cereals and making porridge. As others have said anything else isn't milk.

My kids have blue at my house but their mother likes the orange or purple stuff, which to me is verging on child abuse, denying growing kids their nutrients.

Green, orange and purple is basically a legal way of selling watered down milk, which would have gotten the dairies prosecuted when I was young.

Not had blue milk in a long time. Used to be a blue regular but all of a sudden we changed to green and I've just went with it ever since. Only really use milk for cereal anyway, or on the odd occasion a wee glass of milk with ginger nuts. I'm not a tea or coffee drinker.

BEAST thread for this sort of chat...

Blue milk for me, especially for drinking it straight, eating cereals and making porridge. As others have said anything else isn't milk.

My kids have blue at my house but their mother likes the orange or purple stuff, which to me is verging on child abuse, denying growing kids their nutrients.

Green, orange and purple is basically a legal way of selling watered down milk, which would have gotten the dairies prosecuted when I was young.

I don't give my kids anything but blue or green because of the fat soluble vitamins lost in the skimming. There are some guidelines on when children should start having reduced fat milk and yogurt, brown or wholemeal bread and pasta and all that kind of thing but I can't be arsed looking them up just now. My youngest son's nursery has started offering brown and wholemeal toast on certain days of the week because some parents complained that having just white toast wasn't "healthy". Bollocks! Children shouldn't be having these breads before the age of 2 because it's basically just fibre and passes straight through them, rather than them extracting any nutrients from it. Stupid parents.

I'll get a bottle of Gold milk to drink on it's own and whatever 1% milk the shop sells for using in Tea & Cereal.

I thought it was shite when the fresh milk ran out whilst at sea and we had to switch to UHT. That was until I was down the Falklands for six months and they only ever had UHT on the base. They somehow ran out of UHT and it was powdered milk with your cereal, tea and coffee for a few days.

Edited by BigMartyn86