Inverness Caledonian Thistle F.C. vs Celtic F.C. // SC Semi Final

Away boil your head.

The only reason anyone would believe this to be justified is a bitter Celtic fan or a dirty gypo on the wind up. You can decide what's what.

Great response. I'm seething.

Football is played and should be conducted during the time the game is being played.

All the clubs signed up to the protocol four years ago. Sorry if you didn't get the newsletter.

Meekings has not cheated but the rules can be interpreted to make his situation applicable based on inordinate amounts of pressure placed on the SFA by Celtic (their flagship team).

:lol:

Good article that. Cleared up a lot of things I didn't know about the process although I am confused by one line.

attachicon.gifMeekings.jpg

Surely if the panel prove (or conclude) that his actions were accidental then it cannot be construed as deliberate handball? Maybe "that the action..." should be "whether the action..." in the piece? :unsure:

Of course, the whole thing hinges on accidental/deliberate now, because criteria 1) and 2) in my post are met.

Yeah, it should be "whether", that's unfortunate word choice!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the bigger question that everyone should be asking is. How many kebabs and tunnocks tea cakes did brown and griffiths go out and cry into on sunday night? I know the chippy in auchterarder will certainly have had a massive order phoned in from hampden :) haha

I bumped into the ICT lads in Auchterarder a year or so ago; they'd stopped for chips and supplies in the Co-op next door.

They were really nice as they chatted away to me and my son.

They were vile thugs, and Josh Meekings' presence in the queue caused me to drop my shopping. I wrote a letter to the manager of the Co asking him to be banned from the shop. :angry:

Hughes fucking loves Celtic and was probably as gutted as all the other Celtic fans were when we beat them on Sunday.

His pandering to them is disgusting.

This is at least partly explained by the idea that stronger teams spend more time in their opponents penalty area and less in their own.

True m8. I wonder what the stats are for penalty claims and ones actually awarded?*

*I don't really care that much though ;)

I can appreciate Celtic and their fans being aggrieved at the time. However the whole circus act following the game has been a massive reddie for Ghang Green.

He seems to try very hard to be everyone's chum which is commendable to a point. Apparently he said that the Scottish Cup Final was a win - win for him now. I'm not so sure that is how ICT fans see it* :lol:

*If true.

I for one am absolutely flabbergasted that the team who does the most attacking and the least defending has won the most and conceded the least penalties.

Really struggling to believe that one. Surely not?

Didn't celtic sign up to the protocol under which Tonev was found guilty?

Yes, I'm sure there's a pretty big thread for that elsewhere. It has nothing to do with an ICT fan moaning that what happens on the pitch remains on the pitch, though.

True m8. I wonder what the stats are for penalty claims and ones actually awarded?*

*I don't really care that much though ;)

I can appreciate Celtic and their fans being aggrieved at the time. However the whole circus act following the game has been a massive reddie for Ghang Green.

The other related effects are that one would expect teams who spend more time in the opposition area to also get more "Soft" penalties and also get more "strong" appeals turned down.

The other related effects are that one would expect teams who spend more time in the opposition area to also get more "Soft" penalties and also get more "strong" appeals turned down.

...and a faux sense of entitlement ;)

That doesn't even meet point 1) of the criteria in my post, let alone both 1) and 2).

So it's very different.

Sorry I never knew you laid down the criteria.

Surely a goal scored through deliberate cheating is equally accountable as a goal denied through deliberate cheating?

Why does the criteria laid down by you differentiate between the two?

Yes, I'm sure there's a pretty big thread for that elsewhere. It has nothing to do with an ICT fan moaning that what happens on the pitch remains on the pitch, though.

The Big Thread has never been described as pretty........

He seems to try very hard to be everyone's chum which is commendable to a point. Apparently he said that the Scottish Cup Final was a win - win for him now. I'm not so sure that is how ICT fans see it* :lol:

*If true.

It is true, it was on Sportsound on Monday night I think.

Your fellow fan is right about him and "Glassssgow Celtic Football Club" though. Sickening.

Officials get decisions wrong all the time, sometimes in your teams favour ... Sometimes they go against you, that's fitba ... Players make mistakes, managers makes mistakes, everykunt makes mistakes.

Most fans moan about it for a wee while then forget about it but Celtic take it to a whole new level and keep on shouting and until they get their own way, getting beyond parody now.

I'm starting to feel quite sorry for the (and I presume they exist) 'normal' Celtic fans. Imagine having to go and watch your team every week and having to share a stand with some of these nutters (presuming they go to games of course......doubt some of them do!). What's perhaps the most worrying about some elements of the Celtic support is the utter venom towards ICT, it's fans and particularly Meekings. The fact their club is bowing down to them is even worse. You could come up with events until you're blue in the face of decisions that didn't go your team's way. ICT probably should've had a penalty in the League Cup Final last year towards the end of the game, but never got it (same referee that day by the way). No letter for clarification, disappointment at the result but we all got over it.

I saw a discussion on Twitter between some ICT and Celtic fans the other day (one of which was with 'The Huddleboard', which seems to be run by someone with an IQ somewhere around room temperature), where the final was being trashed as meaningless, hollow and all sorts. No-one really knows what would've happened had the handball been given. The penalty could've been booted over the crossbar! Even then, who's to say even at two down and with ten men that ICT wouldn't have come back and won? We've come back from two down against Celtic before (one of which playing with ten men for a good chunk of the game) and we played so well with a fair amount of the game left that coming back to 2-2 was obviously not guaranteed, but certainly nowhere near impossible.

The one thing that's maybe gone unnoticed about this whole fallout though, is how the final will playout. All the momentum, most of the support of Scottish football and drive of the ICT players, can surely not be a good thing for Falkirk. While really there isn't much pressure on them to win anyway, I think the chances of ICT pulling off a victory next month, have become all the more likely.

Archived