World Cup 2018 Qualifying

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to think when I've seen such a consistently poor England side....btw Clive giving it 2 or 3 of Scotland goals were fortuitous....f**k right off.

ETA sky are showing a half hour highlights package of this after our game.....quite a challenge for the vt editor to spin a half hour out of this.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its been awful, yet Tyldesley and Hoddle seem convinced its been a good performance.

You can predict the post-match already. Lots of the ball,, created chances, could have scored more, very pleased etc. When really it has been another display of the usual inability to break down any bang-average team with a modicum of organisation 

Just now, Zetterlund said:

You can predict the post-match already. Lots of the ball,, created chances, could have scored more, very pleased etc. When really it has been another display of the usual inability to break down any bang-average team with a modicum of organisation 

Theyve already started it. When in reality its been two bits of magic amongst a raft of poor decisions and disgraceful crossing

Norway are doing my coupon. I don't even know why I'm watching them as they are a fucking eye cancer. Loads of possession, plenty territory and just no fucking clue what to do with the ball. 

Mine too....grrrrrr

2 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

If they put in a performance like that against us, i would genuinely fancy our chances. They play in straight lines and are utterly predictable to play against

Yup, Malta were able to counter while keeping the ball on the ground, but lacked a player who could beat a man and expose them. If we could suck them in, then get Snodgrass or Burke breaking towards the completely exposed centre halves theres every chance we could get a 2v1 situation in our favour.

Malta keeper is bitter as f**k :lol:

"Who impressed you more, Scotland or England?"

"Obviously England, the result against Scotland was hardly fair" 

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar said:

I'd wager it will be a different side against us. It will have more pace, I.e. Vardy and Rashford and will utterly horse our pedestrian defence.

I'd imagine half the team will be different from today, doesn't really change anything though. Dele Ali is the only player even close to having the ability to break down defences.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Malta keeper is bitter as f**k :lol:

"Who impressed you more, Scotland or England?"

"Obviously England, the result against Scotland was hardly fair

It wasn't fair him getting a sore back picking the ball out of the net.

Can only hope that Southgate continues to shoehorn Rooney into the England side thinking he is the next Andrea Pirlo. Why anyone would play him there when you have players who are actually midfielders is utterly beyond me. Rooney should not be in that England starting 11, and if he is he should be in his actual position. Being able to spray pointless crossfield passes does not make you the next Paul Scholes.

Archived