World Cup 2018 Qualifying

37 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Can only hope that Southgate continues to shoehorn Rooney into the England side thinking he is the next Andrea Pirlo. Why anyone would play him there when you have players who are actually midfielders is utterly beyond me. Rooney should not be in that England starting 11, and if he is he should be in his actual position. Being able to spray pointless crossfield passes does not make you the next Paul Scholes.

I agree but they don't have anyone for that position in the team, they don't have a Scholes or Pirlo or Fabregas. Lucky for us because they have quality forwards and wingers.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hasn't taken Wales long at all. Bale again.

They're a right good side with a fantastic manager. Would be surprised if they don't win that group.

Surely nobody still thinks we're a better team than Wales. Been that way for quite a while too.

Looks like it'll be a comfortable win for them against Georgia today.

Nah, Wales have a better starting eleven, a better manager and a better sense of identity of the style they play.

Easily better than us.

Oops - Wales giving it a good go at fucking this up now.

Edit: as Dean Saunders (I think) just said, they've been looking really complacent since a good opening half-hour. Biting them in the arse now.

It's been the Georgians going for the winner; they've dealt with Wales fairly comfortably at the back in the second half. Not sure if it's just because the Welsh switched off, but Georgia have looked surprisingly good.

A point ended up being a decent result, which is a little embarrassing for them. The return match should be interesting, considering how Georgia were happy to come forward away from home.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

A point ended up being a decent result, which is a little embarrassing for them. The return match should be interesting, considering how Georgia were happy to come forward away from home.

Reminds me of last night.

Just now, The Naitch said:

Reminds me of last night.

More entertaining, though, and the Welsh actually looked like they might score, at times.

Oh, and Georgia looked like they'd turn over Lithuania as well, although maybe we just didn't give them the chance to impress...(anything's possible)...

As per usual the failings of other British teams the only thing to take comfort from after an international weekend. Sad times. Georgia look pretty handy at times, some decent technical players, think they could be a decent team in the years to come.

Archived