Scotland v Qatar

Lyle Lanley

Belated happy returns to the wee man! A full card may be going some but I hope he enjoys it.

Appreciated mate thanks. Actually, it won't be a full card.

He's not old enough to suffer cups of pish being thrown over him at Ibrox just yet ;)

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good feedback JK. What age is yer wee man?

Turned 5 on Monday, he's been to a few Hibs games but hasn't got into them like he did tonight.

Belated happy returns to the wee man! A full card may be going some but I hope he enjoys it.

He's not old enough to suffer cups of pish being thrown over him at Ibrox just yet ;)

I thought we were having a positive and easy-going discussion. That comment really wasn't warranted.

Forrest is a good player and if he gets a good run of games under his belt he can be a very good option for us. Unfortunately that's quite a big 'if'. Our system needs at least one player who has pace and can go by a player and against moderate/poor opposition he can do that.

He seems to be the current player who some morons have picked to give a completely out of proportion slagging to though, and would rather see (now former) flavour of the month GMS . Thankfully Strachan isn't as stupid as them.

Forrest is a good player and if he gets a good run of games under his belt he can be a very good option for us. Unfortunately that's quite a big 'if'. Our system needs at least one player who has pace and can go by a player and against moderate/poor opposition he can do that.

He seems to be the current player who some morons have picked to give a completely out of proportion slagging to though, and would rather see (now former) flavour of the month GMS . Thankfully Strachan isn't as stupid as them.

Yeah its pretty hard to understand why people want an in-form winger playing ahead of his understudy.

Matt Ritchie is simply woeful at international level. Not up to it.

Nah, too harsh. He was 5/10 like every other player tonight.

ETA: apart from Forrest who was -9/10 and should be stripped of his skin and dragged through salt. If GMS had been playing we'd have won 147-0

No need for all the negativity on here imo.

Game won, no injuries, clean sheet and a good run out for a few guys lacking game time. Job Done.

Thought we played some good stuff at points as well, especially before the inevitable flurry of subs, could have been 3 or 4 up after an hour. It's alright saying they're chronic but half decent teams like Slovenia and TFS didn't manage to beat them.

Thought Forsyth was tidy with Ritchie and MacArthur relatively impressive also. Missed Naismith when he went off as well. Adam looked fairly potent when he came on, good option on the bench for Dublin.

S Fletcher & Hutton just rested?

Forrest isn't even good enough for Celtic, let alone Scotland. He's a runner, that's all. GMS is better than him, Ritchie is better than him, Anya is way better than him and Maloney is different class.

I wouldn't even play Forrest for Aberdeen.

On a side note, this Jambo lad is very rattled.

Forrest reminds me of his namesake Gump - runs very fast in a straight line then runs out of ideas.

He isn't as terrible as some make out and we usually make him look like Ronaldo when he plays against Utd, but I don't think he offers anything for Scotland.

Thought Forsyth was tidy with Ritchie and MacArthur relatively impressive also. Missed Naismith when he went off as well. Adam looked fairly potent when he came on, good option on the bench for Dublin.

Naismith put in a good shift. His finishing, though?

That was utter pish.

Ritchie is decent and get Forrest to f**k. Still can't believe he started over Griffiths :lol:

I'd hazard a guess that it's because Forrest is a winger whereas Griffiths is a striker? Could be wrong though.

No need for all the negativity on here imo.

Game won, no injuries, clean sheet and a good run out for a few guys lacking game time. Job Done.

Thought we played some good stuff at points as well, especially before the inevitable flurry of subs, could have been 3 or 4 up after an hour. It's alright saying they're chronic but half decent teams like Slovenia and TFS didn't manage to beat them.

Thought Forsyth was tidy with Ritchie and MacArthur impressive as well. Missed Naismith when he went off as well.

"could have"

That's the main problem. We could have scored double figures against Gibraltar...but we didn't. We spurn a ridiculous number of gilt-edged chances when we get them. The worry is that we do the same thing when we're playing much better teams and don't have the chance to make up for it. I've no idea why, but we've got a big finishing problem.

Naismith put in a good shift. His finishing, though?

Aye, he's always going to miss a couple but his all round game has improved immeasurably over the last couple of years. Most of the finishing was pretty pish, 22 shots, 4 on target and 1 goal is not good going in anyone's book but at least we're creating.

Archived