The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

There's been a pie and bovril league set up on soccermanager.com and so far killie have been unclaimed. If any of you are interested head over to the gaming forum and let us know on the thread for it. Cheers guys

Poisoned chalice while MJ still pulls the strings, mate.

Killie are supposedly after Crystal Palace forward Sullay Kaikai. He's apparently rapid, and can also play out wide.

Personally, I would rather see us go for a right-back immediately, but you have to assume we'd be paying little/none of Kaikai's wages so would be a minor gamble in the grand scheme of things.

Any more updates on Hodson? I see he played both games against Northampton in the cup, but has only played a minute of league football since November so I wonder if we were waiting until the Northampton replay was done before getting him in?

Shiels anyday of the week ahead of Harkins.

Agreed. You would get effort from Shiels on his poor days which GGH just didn't give.

Although maybe the fact the manager was Shiels dad and GGH hated him had something to do with that.

The Daily Record is claiming that we have made a move for Sheffield United right-back Kieron Freeman on loan until the end of the season.

I'm guessing that by going after him, the move for Lee Hodson must have fell through.

Couldn't agree more.. He's getting enough games where he is.

As was said, he only played whilst their first-choice right back was injured. The paper in Sheffield is quoted as saying Adkins wants him to get more games during the second half of the season, and he's available for loan as a result.

As was said, he only played whilst their first-choice right back was injured. The paper in Sheffield is quoted as saying Adkins wants him to get more games during the second half of the season, and he's available for loan as a result.

Do you know any more about him? I mean, is he any good? Not a huge watcher of the football league.

Locke deserves better from his players. How can you draw against Hearts, beat ICT the next week then totally capitulate to the bottom side following that?

The manager is the easy target but the players are to blame for yesterday's debacle.

Can't agree I'm afraid.

Locke deserves better from his players. How can you draw against Hearts, beat ICT the next week then totally capitulate to the bottom side following that?

The manager is the easy target but the players are to blame for yesterday's debacle.

Don't talk pish. He plays two young centre backs at right back and plays a shite right back in centre midfield and wonders why we defend like a bunch of headless chickens. We have been pish all season and I don't believe it's all down to the players.

We have been crying out for a right back for years and it continually gets filled with anybody who's available. We've actually got 3 left backs and he had a young centre back playing there yesterday. It's madness. Players rarely play in the positions they were brought in for. The team line up changes every week and tactics rarely change until we're 4 nil down. It really is getting to be a chore motivating myself to go and watch this continuing horror story.