The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

We should bite their hand off and reinvest whatever we get in the squad.

How can we invest it in the squad ? Any cash from the sale of Josh will be used to reduce the £734,000 loss from last year, just like the compensation we got for Slater.... It's going to be a long slog again this year with a squad made up of unknowns but hopefully we turn up a few gems once they settle to life up here and come to terms with Scottish football.

How can we invest it in the squad ? Any cash from the sale of Josh will be used to reduce the £734,000 loss from last year, just like the compensation we got for Slater.... It's going to be a long slog again this year with a squad made up of unknowns but hopefully we turn up a few gems once they settle to life up here and come to terms with Scottish football.

I was being optimistic, though I accept it's unrealistic.

Bit surprised Magennis is still at the level hes at to be honest. Always thought hes better than scraping around the lower reaches of the Premiership. Maybe Killie fans see him being a bit inconsistent?

I do know he looked like a wrecking ball against us in the playoff final

Last season with us was his best since turning professional. He works hard and is strong and quick, but he's a limited player.

I hope Lee Clark did to Sawers what he did to this poor, innocent advertising board if this is true.

Edit: Damn photobucket, you all know what Gif I'm posting anyway.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08
Gies a minute, Photobucket appears to be down...

3 hours ago, Richie95 said:

We've rejected a bid from Oldham for Big Josh. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36945941

At the KFCSA meet the manager tonight, Clark confirmed the board have knocked back a bid from Oldham, he also confirmed, having spoken with him, Josh isn't keen on a move to them anyway.

Billy Bowie in the record saying the offer was more like £50,000 and he said if we accepted that the fans would've shot us. Fair do's to the Big Man.

200k plus and he should go. No less, would rather have him in the team that get peanuts because we probably wouldn't be able to get a decent replacement.

18 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Last season with us was his best since turning professional. He works hard and is strong and quick, but he's a limited player.

That's Magennis in a nutshell. The BBC says the offer was "close to £100,000", and but for the fact his experience will be badly needed by Killie this season, I'd grab that offer. As it is, and if Magennis is not desperate to leave, you'd be as well keeping him unless they at least double the offer.

2 hours ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

That rumour is over a month old- it came to nothing.

I think it's far from dead yet.  I think Newcastle want him loaned out and another Championship team in England is out the question.

Or could it be that that's there opinion?

A good manager would pin these predictions up on the dressing room wall, but would half our players comprehend its significance ?

As for being c***s they've been so for quite a wee while now.

*their