The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

How can this be right?  He's under contract until the end of the season?

just going on what some posts were saying on the fan pages, doesnt sound right to me either, hopefully get a decent amount from him if he does go

5 minutes ago, Killie87 said:

just going on what some posts were saying on the fan pages, doesnt sound right to me either, hopefully get a decent amount from him if he does go

I don't mind if he goes for free....

....free million or f**k off.

21 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

I do, he’s a decent player who’s slotting nicely into the managers way of playing the game. The squad we’ve got isn’t humongous like Hearts, we really need to add its size rather than reduce and weaken.

I agree, he strikes me as a forward with real nous and game intelligence. 

More crucially he's someone who is capable of playing short 3-5 yard passes inside the penalty box that give you goals.  We don't have anyone else who has that instinct - I suspect that Boyd, Ndjoli and Brophy would all take a slim chance on the same ball that Erwin would automatically rather try and find someone in a better position.

31 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

I do, he’s a decent player who’s slotting nicely into the managers way of playing the game. The squad we’ve got isn’t humongous like Hearts, we really need to add its size rather than reduce and weaken.

Likewise, folk saying he would be no loss obviously never saw him last 8-10 games of last season.

Kilmarnock Football Club can confirm the signing of Daniel Bachmann on a season-long loan deal.

The goalkeeper will remain with Killie for the 2018/19 season after an agreement was reached with English Premier League side Watford.

An Austria U21 international, the 24-year-old has enjoyed loan spells at Wrexham, Ross County and Bury while learning his trade under goalkeepers such as Asmir Begovic and Thomas Sorensen.

Dan will compete with Jamie MacDonald for a place in the first team and will wear the number 26 on his shirt.

Everyone at the club wishes Dan well for the duration of his loan spell. 

You can watch Dan's first interview as a Kilmaarnock player below. 

https://youtu.be/ChRnDJR-YYA

He's got a huge stature.  I barely saw 90 minutes of him before he realised Scott Fox was Jimmy Mac's favourite and he didn't want to kick about on the bench here, then bolted just before deadline day to go on loan elsewhere.   He wasn't tested enough in the the game and a bit that he played to pass comment, but he had huge presence in the area and comfortably collected everything that came his way.

I really like Erwin - I think he finished last season well and has made a promising start to this one.  However, if there's a decent fee involved, I'd still be happy to think about cashing in as long as we could find a decent replacement.  We still have Boyd, Brophy and Ndjoli, so it's not like we'd be too short of options.