The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Can't deny and say I'm not tinged with sadness he didn't sign for us. Loved him at Dundee. Makes more sense for Killie though because I couldn't see where he fit into our current side since we are currently all about being a hardworking defensive team that hits on the counter. Not that he wasn't good enough - he absolutely is a top talent - just in terms of style at present. Gutted we don't have an absolute wizard like he can be though.

Hope he has a shiter against us whenever we play but wish him all the best otherwise!

Edited by Ludo*1

Just now, Ocular Patdown Required said:

He tore it up for us in those six months playing as the second striker in a two, hoping McInnes doesn't do what he did at Aberdeen and stick him out wide constantly.

He will be one of two central. 

We have Armstrong, Kennedy and GMS playing wide

6 minutes ago, Ocular Patdown Required said:

He tore it up for us in those six months playing as the second striker in a two, hoping McInnes doesn't do what he did at Aberdeen and stick him out wide constantly.

Stewart was talking about wanting to play as a striker in a two on the Open Goal podcast and you'd have to imagine he'd already spoken to McInnes by this point.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Stewart was talking about wanting to play as a striker in a two on the Open Goal podcast and you'd have to imagine he'd already spoken to McInnes by this point.

He will be one of two up front as we have wingers.

37 minutes ago, Ocular Patdown Required said:

Derek is about the only manager who didn't get a tune out of him in Scotland.

Strange signing IMO.

Just now, kingjoey said:

I must have missed this, but is Vassell leaving?

Dont think so.

Bought a house in Killie last year and loves the area and is a great captain for us 

16 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Derek is about the only manager who didn't get a tune out of him in Scotland.

Strange signing IMO.

I don’t think it is strange at all. At Aberdeen, he played in a system that never really suited, but by all accounts he still played well - just never got the numbers. 

We need a striker, and he will play as one, so I think he will do very well. 

9 minutes ago, flood said:

Dont think so.

Bought a house in Killie last year and loves the area and is a great captain for us 

So why is everyone saying your front two will be Stewart and Watkins?

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Nobody knows how we will ine up.

Vassell had more injuries than Watkins so maybe that

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I don’t think it will necessarily be that. We basically only have two strikers though, and Vassell has been struggling with an injury since the start of the season. 

It’s another option, that we can use to allow guys like Vassell and Watkins to rest when needed. 

14 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

I don’t think it is strange at all. At Aberdeen, he played in a system that never really suited, but by all accounts he still played well - just never got the numbers. 

We need a striker, and he will play as one, so I think he will do very well. 

He's a brilliant signing when on form but never suited the direct style Derek wanted to play.

He played off the striker for us too. Just never clicked.

1 minute ago, Nadroj said:

I don’t think it will necessarily be that. We basically only have two strikers though, and Vassell has been struggling with an injury since the start of the season. 

It’s another option, that we can use to allow guys like Vassell and Watkins to rest when needed. 

Could you rest them both against us please.