The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

I'm pretty sure that you don't know the rules of football. Move on.

I'm pretty sure I do. Google it, buy a book or ask someone who knows what there talking about. I'm pretty sure even Mr Sawyers could enlighten you. Don't move on, get back to me.

Jamie Hamill played a trial game for Shrewsbury on Tuesday evening after a recommendation from Ian Black.

He wasn't recommended by Black at all, he just so happens to be another Scottish midfielder that plays for The shrews.

I'm pretty sure I do. Google it, buy a book or ask someone who knows what there talking about. I'm pretty sure even Mr Sawyers could enlighten you. Don't move on, get back to me.

I own lots of books thank you. Players shout variations of instructions to their team mates all the time and are never pulled up for fouls. Just for clarity though, I was paraphrasing and he used Kris's name.

Helpful?

I own lots of books thank you. Players shout variations of instructions to their team mates all the time and are never pulled up for fouls. Just for clarity though, I was paraphrasing and he used Kris's name.

Helpful?

100% correct. As long as there is a name attached to the shout it is ok.

You're allowed to just shout "leave it" anyway if it's clearly directed at a teammate, aren't you? It's only if you're shouting it at an opponent that it's a foul - as that's obviously unsportsmanlike conduct.

You're allowed to just shout "leave it" anyway if it's clearly directed at a teammate, aren't you? It's only if you're shouting it at an opponent that it's a foul - as that's obviously unsportsmanlike conduct.

It's up to the referee discretion as far as I know. If he thinks you are trying to put an opponent off, or if you have inadvertently put an opponent off then it's a foul. In the case of Boyd and Kiltie on Saturday, Kiltie was completely on his own at the back post and Boyd was unchallenged for the ball - I don't think there is a referee in the country who'd blow for a foul in that situation of Kiltie just shouts "leave it".

However, technically he could.

As I understand the rules, this only applies if an opponent isn't close enough to play the ball, so could not be put off by the shout. One split seconds hesitation could be vital.

Pedantic I know, especially as I'm sure the original poster didn't intend it to go this far, but just shows how much the game is governed by 'the opinion of the referee'.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14408379.Clark_determined_to_resolve_Killie_s_goal_scoring_problems/?ref=rss

"We have had a good meeting with the attacking players this week just to reiterate how we think we can change it.

"Not to give them a telling-off, just to give them ideas on how we believe they can start scoring more goals and take these chances and hopefully that will show on Saturday."

That kind of reminds me of Alan Partridge discussing how he'd coach a football team - "You pass the ball to him, and then you score a goal!"

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14408379.Clark_determined_to_resolve_Killie_s_goal_scoring_problems/?ref=rss

"We have had a good meeting with the attacking players this week just to reiterate how we think we can change it.

"Not to give them a telling-off, just to give them ideas on how we believe they can start scoring more goals and take these chances and hopefully that will show on Saturday."

That kind of reminds me of Alan Partridge discussing how he'd coach a football team - "You pass the ball to him, and then you score a goal!"

Having said that I can visualise Dale Carrick sitting in the corner suddenly realising where he's been going wrong and what that big net between the sticks is for.