The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

A question for Kilmarnock fans as I have a deadline tomorrow and there doesn't seem to be any information available on this anywhere...

Does anyone have Date (or Year) of birth info and an accurate position (i.e. 'Left back' rather than just defender) for the following Killie u20 players...

Taylor Queen
Mark Dempster
Lewis Clark
Lewis Morrison
Scott McLean
Andrew Sibbald
I'm lacking a Kilmarnock researcher for FM16 and if I don't get this info these guys won't be in the game.

Lewis Morrison - ST

Andrew Sibbald - FW

Scott McLean- CM August 30th 1997. Checked the official and fans sites and the rest I can't get details for.

Edited by PrestersKTID

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see the club are listening to what change is wanted!! Funny how it was mentioned on here though!! But that's the "Power of Pie & Bovril" for you...

Here's hoping it brings a few more folk through the gate!!

Edited by theProdigy

Any thoughts on what's changed since you're playing much better now?

O'Hara replacing Barbour at right back, Findlay finding form and Balatoni joining him at centre back, McHattie replacing Smith at left back, Slater returning to fitness to make the midfield work, McKenzie, Higginbotham and Kiltie playing behind Josh gives pace and a bit of creative spark and big donkey Josh figured out how to score.

O'Hara replacing Barbour at right back, Findlay finding form and Balatoni joining him at centre back, McHattie replacing Smith at left back, Slater returning to fitness to make the midfield work, McKenzie, Higginbotham and Kiltie playing behind Josh gives pace and a bit of creative spark and big donkey Josh figured out how to score.

Cheers for that. Glad to hear that Findlay's adapting well to the Premiership too, I'm hoping he can make an impact for us next season

Decent intervew with Boyd on STV (Video here: http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/kilmarnock/1331438-kris-boyd-im-happy-to-help-josh-magennis-fire-his-way-to-euro-2016/)

Kris Boyd has vowed to ensure Kilmarnock team-mate Josh Magennis is on the plane to Euro 2016 even if it means he spends more time sitting on the bench.

Magennis was on target for the second successive match as Killie ran out 2-1 winners at Dundee to move to eighth in the Scottish Premiership table.

The 25-year-old took his club total for the season to six just weeks after netting his first international goal to help Northern Ireland reach their first major tournament since the 1986 World Cup.

Magennis' rise to prominence has meant Boyd has been forced to fulfil the role of substitute in recent games but the former Scotland international wants to help his fellow attacker realise his dream.

Boyd told STV: "He’s been unbelievable the big man, he’s never really had a run in a team, the amount of work he’s going through and the opportunities he’s creating for others and himself and to top it all off he’s qualified for the European Championships.

"He’s doing it on a weekly basis, in training he looks a totally different player from the beginning of the season. It’s a credit to him because he has worked hard and if there’s one player in our dressing room that deserves it, it is him."

Boyd, who returned to Rugby Park for a third spell this summer, credits Magennis' work rate and Steven Smith move into a central midfield role as key factors in a recent upturn in fortunes for Gary Locke's men.

Following a horrible start to the season which saw Kilmarnock claim two points from their first six league games, victories over Inverness CT and Dundee has capped a run of 13 points from 18.

Boyd, 32, started out as the team's main striker this term but has hit two goals since his summer arrival from Rangers. Boyd admits he can have no complaints at losing his spot in the first XI but says he will continue to work hard to force his way back.

But if he remains on the sidelines then he will do everything he can to aid Magennis in his summer mission.

Boyd added: "For me it’s my punishment for not doing well at the beginning of the season. I need to wait, I’m like everyone else in the squad it is not about what you have done in the past, it’s what you are doing now and at the start it wasn’t good enough.

"I’ve found myself out of the team and you can either go and work hard and try and get back in which I’ve tried to do or you can put the tools away and away you are finished. That wouldn’t be great for Josh either, if you are training properly and doing things every day it keeps him on his toes.

"I can have no complaints, the big man has come in and been unbelievable and for me it is punishment for not doing well at the beginning of the season.

"He’s always asking questions, that’s what you like about him. He always wants to learn and get better. When you look back at some of the players you have played with some will just accept what they are and get on with it, he’s one that wants to get better and ask ‘What should I do?’ or ‘What should I have done?’

"I don’t have every answer for him but I will try to help him to the best I possibly can. I’m not trying to take any credit for what he has done, the main reason has been down to him. I hope he continues because you don’t want this period to come and go.

"To go to the European Championships is a big thing and you don’t want him to lose his form and then he’s fighting to get back in the squad. You want him to continue albeit I might need to sit on the bench for a lot longer.

"I want him to continue so that he’s definitely going to be on that plane [to France] and he can go and enjoy himself in the summer."

Kris Boyd has urged Kilmarnock's rising star Greg Kiltie to sign a new deal to continue his development at Rugby Park.

Scotland U19 international Kiltie has become a first-team regular under Gary Locke and has caught the eye with goals against Hamilton and Inverness CT.

The teenager is out of contract in January and is yet to commit to a fresh contract.

Boyd understands Kiltie's situation having graduated from Kilmarnock's youth ranks, turning down moves to Cardiff City and Sheffield Wednesday before joining Rangers in 2006.

And he believes remaining with Killie would be a sensible move for the teenager.

He said: "It’s obviously a decision for Greg to make. He’s playing regular football here but he will be like every other young footballer and want to test himself at the highest level he possibly can.

"There’s no doubt about that. It’s not a hidden secret that Kilmarnock is a selling club. They want to sell them on.

"But for me, Greg would certainly benefit from another couple of years at Kilmarnock. Playing regular football, knowing what it means to be a professional footballer day in, day out.

"I think that would be more beneficial for him. But it’s football. He may have already caught somebody’s eye already. You don’t know.

"The big thing for Greg is that when he’s playing in the team he goes and performs because right now we need him in the team and performing.

"He has done really well in the past few weeks and even when he’s been away with Scotland U19s and he’s took that form and the things he’s learned in training in to games.

"He’s brought a real positive vibe around Kilmarnock in the past few weeks."