Who is your favourite figure from political history?

FuzzyAffro

Would have to be this lady

pankhurst_emmeline_sm.jpg?c71720

Willing to lay down her life for equality.

And also not a person but a group.

Revolutionary Association of Afghan Women

First read about these women long before any invasion was talked about but they were brave women who risked death trying to get equality for Afghan females during the brutal Taliban regime

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In this country, Jimmy Reid.

The smartest of the trade unionists and a man of deep insight into the social privations of the working class - rat race speech is an absolute barn stormer.

Nye Bevan would be clsoe to the top as well.

John McLean too.

In this country, Jimmy Reid.

The smartest of the trade unionists and a man of deep insight into the social privations of the working class - rat race speech is an absolute barn stormer.

Nye Bevan would be clsoe to the top as well.

Great shouts.

I'd throw Paul Robeson into the mix too - now that lad had some talent.

Like someone mentioned earlier Bismarck was fascinating. I love the way he manipulated situations and for some reason I find him pretty likeable.

Josip Broz Tito. WWII exploits read like something out of a Victor comic, alleged to have shagged Elizabeth Taylor as an octagenarian, able to keep the peace between Serbs and Croats after the Ustashe and Chetniks had gone on the rampage, and almost made communism work. Workers self-management ya bass!

Josip Broz Tito. WWII exploits read like something out of a Victor comic, alleged to have shagged Elizabeth Taylor as an octagenarian, able to keep the peace between Serbs and Croats after the Ustashe and Chetniks had gone on the rampage, and almost made communism work. Workers self-management ya bass!

And told the Soviets to GTF and mind their own business. Top boi.

Well respected across Ex Yugo. If one thing can unite tons of the mad c***s there it's old Yugoslavian Eurovision songs and Tito.

'Coca-Cola Communism' my pal described it as - 'it wasn't a democracy, but we had more money than our tinpot mafias now and we got along..'

Archived