Real Madrid Forward "a luxury"

Sweet Pete

I don't know what scouting Sbragia has done one their team. But a quick, quick look at the Austrains shows that their defenders are 6'1, 5'10, 5'8 and 5'9. The three selected midfielders are 5'4, 5'7 and 5'8 hardly playing against a land of the giants.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbf Deeboy Cathro has a good rep at youth level, personally I couldn't gee a shite if his youth teams were getting pumped as long as his training was developing the players

But obviously fuzzyaffro it would be no use for Cathro to be a manager of a senior team if they played pretty and got beat though

Under 17s are bount to outrun 10 men surely....

The SFA site or Twitter is usually the best place.

Heres the squad for the games against Austria, Italy and Croatia

Goalkeepers

Ryan Fulton (Liverpool)

Liam Kelly (Rangers)

Defenders

Lewis Martin (Dunfermline Athletic)

Scott McKenna (Aberdeen)

Ryan Sinnamon (Rangers)

Liam Smith (Heart of Midlothian)

John Souttar (Dundee United)

Calum Waters (Celtic)

Midfielders

Angus Beith (Heart of Midlothian)

Liam Henderson (Celtic)

James Jones (Crewe Alexandra)

Paul McMullan (Celtic)

Craig Storie (Aberdeen)

Tom Walsh (Rangers)

Forwards

Eamonn Brophy (Hamilton Academical)

Harry Cardwell (Reading)

Oliver McBurnie (Bradford City)

Scott Wright (Aberdeen)

f**k Harper, whar is young Wighton?

SCOTS starlet Ryan Gauld has leapt to the defence of Ricky Sbragia and insists he’s not a football dinosaur.

The Sporting Lisbon ace previously worked with the under-fire Scotland Under-19 boss.

And Gauld believes his old gaffer has been unfairly criticised for leaving Real Madrid kid Jack Harper out of his squad for the Euro qualifiers in Austria in favour of more physical players.

The 19-year-old playmaker is adamant Sbragia is a modern-day coach who helped his development while he was at Dundee United and in Scotland’s youth set-up.

Gauld, who signed a three-year-deal with the Portuguese giants in July, said: “The flak Ricky has received this week has been really unfair.

“In his U-19 squad last year he had myself, Charlie Telfer and Aidan Connolly and we’re all small, technical players.

“In all my time working with him he never once asked me to play a long ball.He’s a top coach who always encouraged us to play in the right way, on the deck.

“Tactically, and the way he set us up as a team, he was usually spot on.

“And I genuinely never felt my size went against me when he picked the team.”

Sbragia could be fully vindicated in his decision to omit Harper if his side qualify for the Euro Finals this week.

On the back of yesterday’s draw with Italy, a win against Croatia on Tuesday will see Scotland through to Greece this summer.

That would be the first time in nine years that the U-19 squad had reached a major tournament.

Gauld hasn’t seen Harper in action but reckons it would be tough for the playmaker to adapt to Scotland’s style of play having spent his whole career in Spain.

The Sporting Lisbon youngster said: “I haven’t watched Jack play but being in Portugal now, I know how different the football is at youth level on the continent.

“I can adapt quite easily when I come back to play for Scotland because I was at United for so long.

“It would be difficult for Jack because it would take him time to adapt.

“That’s why I think the criticism of Ricky has been so unfair.”

Pisses me off all the articles in the papers this past week of people sticking up for him, Darren Fletcher in the sun today too. There's no defending what he said, that attitude is appalling for a youth coach of any team never mind the national team, c**t should be sacked

Pisses me off all the articles in the papers this past week of people sticking up for him, Darren Fletcher in the sun today too. There's no defending what he said, that attitude is appalling for a youth coach of any team never mind the national team, c**t should be sacked

Its terrible for the kid too. This would have been a huge blow to a kid, people should be coming out and trying to soothe that by saying obviously he's a talented lad, has a great chance, his time will come etc.

Instead you have Craig Brown, a man whose career hit the starry heights of Dundee, belittling the achievement of an eighteen year old who has just earned himself a five year with REAL MAFUCKINDRID in order to back up his Largs mafia pal.

Its disgusting treatment of a kid who has done nothing to deserve it, and may lead to us losing him eventually. Strachan should have just called him up for Gibraltar and chucked him on for the last five minutes, massive boost to the kid's confidence and secures him for Scotland.

Archived