Real Madrid Forward "a luxury"

Sweet Pete

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lizarazu was smaller than Deschamps.

So only the 2 'tiny' players in the WC winning side, roughly 20% of the team! :lol:

Deschamps is 5'9" btw, not exactly small.

Yes but the French school of excellence , Clairefontaine , had several tests for young aspiring footballers , one of which was an xray of the wrist . Through this they could roughly tell if a 10 year old would be over 6 feet . A lot of youngsters were rejected on this basis . The successfull ones got the best facilities and years of personal coaching etc . You had to be an exceptional footballer to get into the French team before the Clairefontaine boys , which Lizarazu and Deschamps were of course .

Go on then.

I'm not trawling back through twitter trying to find it all, there was highlights posted up of every elite youth level game he had played in this season where he scored 3 and got 2 assists in six group games ( I think ). I've watched various montages of him aswell. The boys got talent. To exclude him for they reasons is incredible. Real Madrid rate him yet we don't..

Scottish players are way behind their European counterparts physically as well though, which makes his comments even more ridiculous.

How come they all comment on how quick the game is over here when they sign for Scottish clubs?

The 4 strikers picked are from Hamilton, Reading, Bradford and Aberdeen.....

Absolutely crazy not to pick the lad.

Some of the other players involved have been playing on loan to the likes of Stirling, Ayr and Brechin.

The 4 strikers picked are from Hamilton, Reading, Bradford and Aberdeen.....

Absolutely crazy not to pick the lad.

Some of the other players involved have been playing on loan to the likes of Stirling, Ayr and Brechin.

:lol:

Incredid isn't it

Yes

In other news there's an article in the daily record with an interview with jacks dad saying Spain have already been on the phone after his omission.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/spain-look-nick-real-madrid-5394475

Sbragia's/Strachan's/SFA's response to this better be fucking solid.

I can't really object to Harper not being picked having never seen him play, and plenty of players come through big clubs before getting nowhere. We've got a kid in our youth team who was at Barcelona, who by all accounts has no chance of making it even for us. However, these comments betray an embarrassing attitude towards youth development that for me makes Sbraglia's position untenable unless he can explain himself.

Archived