Real Madrid Forward "a luxury"

Sweet Pete

Refute it then, back up your claims.

Additionally:

He expects a physical game against the Austrians, so has gone with a physical, disciplined squad. He's gone with the squad he thinks can do the business and win games, something, which I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining, Billy Stark was roundly panned for failing to do.

There's a lot of people chucking out absolute seethe about a player they've never seen play, and know next to nothing about. Given the slabbering messes people get themselves in to because players are plucked from 'big teams' despite not playing, how is this any different, whatsoever?

You're mental. If this was a pub we'd all be staying out of your road and whispering behind your back.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's strange that in the past (and now to an extent) we'd pick players based on their physical ability to try to put more talented opponents' players under pressure. Now we have some (Harper for example) talented players we don't have the balls to do what normal countries do, i.e. play the talented players and put the onus on the opposition to stop him by having to revert to playing physical players!

TIMMY!

Bet he can run like f**k though

You wonder what a tube like Sbragia would make of Iniesta; not a runner, very small, quite physically weak. There really are some proper dinosaurs in Scottish football, what amazes me is they are put in positions like that. But when you see the tubes that run the game...

Extraordinarily bad PR. Even if there were valid footballing reasons for excluding Harper, it didn't serve any purpose to articulate them in this fashion. If Sbragia wanted to depict himself as a clueless, regressive bumpkin that has been promoted well beyond his abilities, he certainly succeeded. Assuming this wasn't his intention, his comments are inexplicable.

You're mental. If this was a pub we'd all be staying out of your road and whispering behind your back.

I was thinking something along these lines but couldn't quite put my finger on it, you have nailed it with that description

:lol:

Typical press going for the headlines. However can anyone confirm how close Jack Harper is to Real Madrid's first team, second team or even top youth team.

As I understand it Real Madrid have about 5 tiers of youth team and they have literally hundreds of players on the book across the club of which an absolutely tiny proportion will ever play at even La Liga level.

Its possible that Harper is not that good. Being on the books of Real Madrid shouldn't get him automatically involved. I'd maybe be more aggrieved if he was a bit nearer the first team.

Typical press going for the headlines. However can anyone confirm how close Jack Harper is to Real Madrid's first team, second team or even top youth team.

As I understand it Real Madrid have about 5 tiers of youth team and they have literally hundreds of players on the book across the club of which an absolutely tiny proportion will ever play at even La Liga level.

Its possible that Harper is not that good. Being on the books of Real Madrid shouldn't get him automatically involved. I'd maybe be more aggrieved if he was a bit nearer the first team.

I don't think anyone's saying he'll be a future Real Madrid first team star but being on their youth team makes it likely he'll be at least a decent player for one of the Spanish clubs.

He's good enough to be playing in the youth champions league for Real Madrid... They only field one team of youngsters for that. They give him a free role. I have seen plenty of footage of him. I seriously doubt anyone in the squad is a better player than he is. He's at Real Madrid for a reason, given a 5 year contract for a reason. Srbagia even says himself he is technically gifted and a luxury player. Leaving him out for the reasons he stated are utter madness. He should be sacked.

Wonder if there'll be this much outrage when Harpers not selected for the Under 21s in a few years, considering he'll likely have been punted by Madrid and will be playing in the English lower leagues, I'd doubt it.

Wonder if there'll be this much outrage when Harpers not selected for the Under 21s in a few years, considering he'll likely have been punted by Madrid and will be playing in the English lower leagues, I'd doubt it.

I have to assume you didn't read Sbragia quotes as to why he wasn't selected?

Enrico Annoni, on 24 Mar 2015 - 19:34, said:

I have to assume you didn't read Sbragia quotes as to why he wasn't selected?

Or even post anything remotely relevant to this at all for that matter. Instead deciding to go for some completely different imaginary future scenario.

Archived