Real Madrid Forward "a luxury"

Sweet Pete

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

saw a bit of the Graig Brown interview, he was going on about well hes not that good he's not in the real first team.

What can you do when a guy is so out of touch as that.

I think part of the problem is that these guys see teams like Germany and see all these huge athletic guys and think thats the way to go but we just dont have a big enough population to have big AND skillfull players our big guys tend to be big and slow

• 3 months later...

Why would Madrid be axing their C team?

It's basically pointless. They have their full squad, which will be around 25 players. Then there's a B squad, which is either for anyone who isn't quite good enough to make the A squad but still has some potential, or first team players on their way back from injury. There's another 20+ players in there. Then you think about all the youth teams they must have (which Harper has just graduated from), which is however many players. Basically, someone in the C team is too old for youth teams but 50+ players down the pecking order in terms of being near the first team to the point that it's essentially a waste of a wage.

Jack Harper's situation is, unfortunately, a perfect illustration. He's now too old for their youth squads, but if he's not good enough to make even the B squad at 19, then what's the point in keeping him around?

Will there be mass outrage when hes not selected for U19s while hes playing for East Fife?

A Saints fan complaining about mass outrage when a not-quite-good-enough striker is not being picked for Scotland. Oh the irony.

I think it's a good move. He's 19, nothing to gain by staying in Real Madrid reserves, supposedly he had interest in Spain but chose the championship. I wonder how he will get on. Should be really interesting to see.

Mon Jack

He's just signed for Brighton. Not really sure what to make of that

Seems a strange one. I suppose it will mean he works more on the physical side of his game. Going to a smaller club might also mean he gets more first team football. Be interesting to see how it works out for him.

Archived