Aberdeen v Partick Thistle, 4/4/15

We've had the better of Thistle so far this season.

Would be hoping for another 3 points here. A further win against ICT would all but wrap up 2nd surely too.

This has to be the game when Shankland gets a real chance. 2-0 Aberdeen.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of folk will say we've played well against the top 6 this season- more accurate to say we've played well against the teams in 3rd-6th, as we haven't laid a glove on either Aberdeen or Celtic in the 5 matches this season, current aggregate score across those games is 13-0. Just as well our next two games are Aberdeen and Celtic then.

Can't see too many changes to the team that finally broke the back to back wins jinx, I'd maybe have been looking to play Taylor given the only time we've scored vs Aberdeen since promotion he ripped the hole out of their defence but I assume he won't get back until Thursday morning so we'll probably stick with Doolan.

Not expecting much from this, 2-0 Aberdeen would be my guess, but you never know, maybe we're destined for 3 wins in a row and never 2; also hoping Celtic, Dundee United, and Killie can do us favours. What a grim time of the season this is when you're hoping for those teams to win.

I think we will beat both Aberdeen and Celtic. Especially Celtic, it's about time we gave them a doing.

I hope you're half right. The second half, obviously.

Can't imagine Taylor will start due to international duty. I wouldn't think there would be any other changes.

Going to this. First time to Pittodrie and I haven't seen us win since Morton in the cup (or the first game of the season in the league). Hoping that hoodoo breaks, but can we really win three in a row?

Who did Lyle Taylor get called up to represent? Thought he was English no?

As far as our team is concerned, please to god I hope we don't see Willo playing. It is so obvious that Jack plays twice as well when he's not there and against a bottom half team at home we should be able to play a few more forwards. Play Shankland from the start too, he's shown he's worth a shot. Otherwise, a familiar team. Keep McLean in there til he at least scores, want him to get off the mark A$AP to get his confidence up. Keep Pawlett on the bench to use as an impact player.

The late surge for Top 6 is still on. Beat the sheep, the victims and notsowell, and we could mathematically still get 6th by split. Believe and all them other cliches that's picked out the 50/50 tombola. Surprised the players haven't mentioned Top Six in past couple of weeks, we need to get back to that positive mentality and public proclamations of ambitions. Okay nurse, I'm switching off the computer now.

Can't see too many changes to the team that finally broke the back to back wins jinx, I'd maybe have been looking to play Taylor given the only time we've scored vs Aberdeen since promotion he ripped the hole out of their defence but I assume he won't get back until Thursday evening so we'll probably stick with Doolan.

FTFY

Going to this. First time to Pittodrie and I haven't seen us win since Morton in the cup (or the first game of the season in the league). Hoping that hoodoo breaks, but can we really win three in a row?

Well, that's us fucked then.

Pals with our very own Donervern?

Daniels isn't in the squad AFAIK.

I'm surprised that Aberdeen don't have MD 20/20 or cans of Strongbow? :unsure:

They better have an off-license that does bottles of MD 20/20 orange jubilee as that will be my drink of choice on the way home.

Archived