Are You Doing Your Bit?

Granny Danger

On the topic, I've only donated money, and we're talking £20 to the Yes campaign. I keep meaning to join the SNP to show my support. Might do it today. Happy to donate the odd £20, but I can't see me getting involved at the moment as I've kids who are 1, 3 and 5 and they take up pretty much all my spare time, barring a couple of hours at the Rovers every 2-3 weeks.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the topic, I've only donated money, and we're talking £20 to the Yes campaign. I keep meaning to join the SNP to show my support. Might do it today. Happy to donate the odd £20, but I can't see me getting involved at the moment as I've kids who are 1, 3 and 5 and they take up pretty much all my spare time, barring a couple of hours at the Rovers every 2-3 weeks.

Britnat!!!!

Do join, it gives you a sense of enormous well-being and maybe a car sticker.

Even if you can give an hour or two on polling day then nothing else until the next election it makes a huge difference. Manning a polling station, putting up posters, knocking up supporters, driving folk to the station , counting agents all need done on the day.

Even small contributions to allow others a wee break are hugely valuable.

It's a valid comparison, as it happens

- Bone-headed insistence that they're right, because they just are, because they just are, right?

- Utterly mental ideas angrily defended to the death i.e. "We're the same club"; "The best way to keep the Tories out is to not vote for their only credible challenger"

- Brainless flag-waving; daft wibble about how they, and only they, represent "The People"

- Oor tradishuns

- Loopy conspiracy theories

- Protesting the BBC and hate-Tweeting journalists who say things they don't like

- Banning journalists from events on spurious grounds of "bias"

- Sniffing out traitors and quislings everywhere, because

- if you're no wan ay us, you're wan ay thayme

- Unfortunate habit of accusing people they don't like of complicity in child abuse scandals

- Respond to every enquiry about their own heroes' mental behaviour by announcing that they other yins are much worse

- Accuse everyone else of swallowing propaganda while rabidly repeating party-approved mantras zombie style

Difference is we aren't dying, and we are the good guys. Deal with it

The taste of your bitter salty tears was marvellous

Britnat!!!!

Do join, it gives you a sense of enormous well-being and maybe a car sticker.

Even if you can give an hour or two on polling day then nothing else until the next election it makes a huge difference. Manning a polling station, putting up posters, knocking up supporters, driving folk to the station , counting agents all need done on the day.

Even small contributions to allow others a wee break are hugely valuable.

I currently work for the Civil Service. Car stickers are frowned upon. Although that didn't stop a lot of my colleagues sporting them. I was surprised at some of the people at my work who voted Yes. People I just assumed would be establishment types.

Apologies, but I'm just not the activist type. I would have to be really pissed off to become one - last time was when Rovers nearly went bust. At the moment I'm fairly content. Even though the Yes campaign lost, we did tremendously well to get the vote up to 45%, based on where it started from. That support appears to have held up, as shown by the current polls. Hopefully they've all remembered to register to vote.

My wee brother would be your man, but he lives in California now. He backed the Yes campaign with a lot more money than me and was devastated when they lost. My youngest brother voted No and he couldn't bring himself to speak to him for a couple of weeks.

I'll be voting SNP (and I voted Yes) but I'm under no illusions that they're all somehow great people and not the usual greedy, self serving politicians.

Incidentally I've had no leaflets from any party through my door. Not that any of them would sway me mind.

Who's the "good guys"? They're all self serving professional Politicians as far as I'm aware.

You are either taking me way too seriously or I'm taking you too seriously.

In general the 'good guys' (and ladies) are just the ones who want similar things to me.

I have no idea what the SNP selection process is like or what the calibre of their MPs would be. My only worry would be exchanging donkeys in red rosettes for donkeys in yellow ones. However, I'd be willing to accept that in the short term for the kind of changes I want to see.

I do know that some of the Labour MPs in safe seats in Scotland are hopeless, and I'm hopeful they'll shortly be looking for work. Unfortunately some of them, like the previous MP representing Kirkcaldy - the one before Brown - are still milking us from the House of Lords.

It's a valid comparison, as it happens

- Bone-headed insistence that they're right, because they just are, because they just are, right?

- Utterly mental ideas angrily defended to the death i.e. "We're the same club"; "The best way to keep the Tories out is to not vote for their only credible challenger"

- Brainless flag-waving; daft wibble about how they, and only they, represent "The People"

- Oor tradishuns

- Loopy conspiracy theories

- Protesting the BBC and hate-Tweeting journalists who say things they don't like

- Banning journalists from events on spurious grounds of "bias"

- Unfortunate habit of accusing people they don't like of complicity in child abuse scandals

- Respond to every enquiry about their own heroes' mental behaviour by announcing that they other yins are much worse

- Accuse everyone else of swallowing propaganda while rabidly repeating party-approved mantras zombie style

Jim Murphy has said Labour will vote down a Tory queens speech as will the SNP. Maybe you can do a better job than Urban Gorilla at explaining how on Earth voting for an anti Tory party such as the SNP helps the Tories..... I suspect you won't be able to, you are now in the same category as Urban Gorilla and Al666 on the regurgitating Labour bullshit stakes. Well done you.

Not that it matters because your morally bankrupt party is about to get routed B)

Jim Murphy has said Labour will vote down a Tory queens speech as will the SNP. Maybe you can do a better job than Urban Gorilla at explaining how on Earth voting for an anti Tory party such as the SNP helps the Tories..... I suspect you won't be able to, you are now in the same category as Urban Gorilla and Al666 on the regurgitating Labour bullshit stakes. Well done you.

Not that it matters because your morally bankrupt party is about to get routed B)

Ah how little you know.

But I suppose when you look at life as being entirely within the old firm bubble, you have no grasp of the concept of reality in the outside world.

Where to start with this pish....

Ah how little you know.

But I suppose when you look at life as being entirely within the old firm bubble, you have no grasp of the concept of reality in the outside world.

I have no idea what the SNP selection process is like or what the calibre of their MPs would be. My only worry would be exchanging donkeys in red rosettes for donkeys in yellow ones. However, I'd be willing to accept that in the short term for the kind of changes I want to see.

Labour MPs in Scotland are - though there are a handful of exceptions - despicable because they've never bothered to fight for their constituency. I read one report today saying that one of their current problems is that they don't know how many votes they're losing because they didn't bother canvassing last time around. That just about sums it up.

The thing I'm most pleased about is that voters in the most deprived communities, who have unquestioningly put their cross next to Labour for 50 years or more for no reward, are finally waking up to the scumbags they elected. I'd guarantee that no elected MP from any other party would take their constituency for granted to such a blatant extent.

WTF does this actually mean.

Keep going though you are mildly more entertaining than the telly if nothing else.

Life must be so empty for you without your brethren from Govan.

Archived