Are You Doing Your Bit?

Granny Danger

OK so it's a shit thread title as you would need to be my age to understand the reference.

My point is, are you just posting on here or doing something 'real'.

I joined the SNP after the Referendum and will probably put about 40-60 hours into the campaign (my excuse is that I'm an old c**t and I run my own business so time is at a premium).

Are you doing anything other than posting on social media?

Apologies for the formatting; my iPad is playing up again.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On SNP Perth & N. Perthshire Campaign committee and local branch organiser.

Probably put in about 10 hours per week on top of full time job.

Please don't be fooled by 105,000 members and Twitter pics of mass canvasses. Most door to door leafletting and canvassing in each council ward is still done by a half dozen diehards. Please consider going along and lending a hand.

On SNP Perth & N. Perthshire Campaign committee and local branch organiser.

Probably put in about 10 hours per week on top of full time job.

Please don't be fooled by 105,000 members and Twitter pics of mass canvasses. Most door to door leafletting and canvassing in each council ward is still done by a half dozen diehards. Please consider going along and lending a hand.

The newbies are taking the load for this one, us oldies are still physically and mentally drained after September. Or at least I am.

OK so it's a shit thread title as you would need to be my age to understand the reference.

My point is, are you just posting on here or doing something 'real'.

I joined the SNP after the Referendum and will probably put about 40-60 hours into the campaign (my excuse is that I'm an old c**t and I run my own business so time is at a premium).

Are you doing anything other than posting on social media?

Apologies for the formatting; my iPad is playing up again.

You need to stick the famous ww I poster of the same name.

Thread title reminds me of this

9iKU2.jpg

It's a valid comparison, as it happens

- Bone-headed insistence that they're right, because they just are, because they just are, right?

- Utterly mental ideas angrily defended to the death i.e. "We're the same club"; "The best way to keep the Tories out is to not vote for their only credible challenger"

- Brainless flag-waving; daft wibble about how they, and only they, represent "The People"

- Oor tradishuns

- Loopy conspiracy theories

- Protesting the BBC and hate-Tweeting journalists who say things they don't like

- Banning journalists from events on spurious grounds of "bias"

- Sniffing out traitors and quislings everywhere, because

- if you're no wan ay us, you're wan ay thayme

- Unfortunate habit of accusing people they don't like of complicity in child abuse scandals

- Respond to every enquiry about their own heroes' mental behaviour by announcing that they other yins are much worse

- Accuse everyone else of swallowing propaganda while rabidly repeating party-approved mantras zombie style

It's a valid comparison, as it happens

- Bone-headed insistence that they're right, because they just are, because they just are, right?

- Utterly mental ideas angrily defended to the death i.e. "We're the same club"; "The best way to keep the Tories out is to not vote for their only credible challenger"

- Brainless flag-waving; daft wibble about how they, and only they, represent "The People"

- Oor tradishuns

- Loopy conspiracy theories

- Protesting the BBC and hate-Tweeting journalists who say things they don't like

- Banning journalists from events on spurious grounds of "bias"

- Sniffing out traitors and quislings everywhere, because

- if you're no wan ay us, you're wan ay thayme

- Unfortunate habit of accusing people they don't like of complicity in child abuse scandals

- Respond to every enquiry about their own heroes' mental behaviour by announcing that they other yins are much worse

- Accuse everyone else of swallowing propaganda while rabidly repeating party-approved mantras zombie style

Labour are finished in Scotland. Accept it. Turn to the good guys.

Archived