The Witcher 3

spud131

Think B&W did hit XBox quicker. I'm just having my first wee shot in a while since finishing HoS to get up to speed with the mechanics again. Although the patch fucked up a few mods which took a while to fix.

I'm on ps4 and got the update too, not playable though, both stores update on Tuesday so the dlc isn't available until then

I switched it on yesterday (post-update, pre-B&W) and it's like playing a different game.  Projekt Red really deserve credit for consistently amending their game post release.  A lot of companies release bug fixes (although not enough) but not a lot take on-board issues with how they've presented things and make fixes there.  I think the menu and inventory screens have changed pretty drastically on every single update.  It's much easier to use now, and a lot of the tiny text has been enlarged.  Didn't think I could love this game any more.

I just completed the main quest again a couple of days ago, and then started Hearts of Stone last night.  Will try and get through that, then add Blood and Wine once I'm done.

I switched it on yesterday (post-update, pre-B&W) and it's like playing a different game. Projekt Red really deserve credit for consistently amending their game post release. A lot of companies release bug fixes (although not enough) but not a lot take on-board issues with how they've presented things and make fixes there. I think the menu and inventory screens have changed pretty drastically on every single update. It's much easier to use now, and a lot of the tiny text has been enlarged. Didn't think I could love this game any more.

I just completed the main quest again a couple of days ago, and then started Hearts of Stone last night. Will try and get through that, then add Blood and Wine once I'm done.

yep they fixed bugs, the frame rate to make it more stable, allowed text to be enlarged, fixed the problem where you'd light candles when trying to pick stuff next to them up and allowed the control scheme to be changed which totally turned it in to a different game. Damn they've redone the UI as well :) Edited by killie_lad

Yeah I remember when I started New Game+ before the performance seemed to take a massive hit that I couldn't fix with changing settings. It's still not great to be fair but at least playable now.

I've just went straight back and started a new game. Going to experience it all from scratch. Determined to drag out the end for as long as possible. :(

I've just went straight back and started a new game. Going to experience it all from scratch. Determined to drag out the end for as long as possible. :(

Are you not playing Blood & Wine then?

Are you not playing Blood & Wine then?

Not diving straight in. I'm going for a clean play through from the start, through HoS then onto Blood and Wine.

Just bought this for £19.99 off the PS4 market place. Take it that's good value

For the full game?  Pretty good.  It's like FM in terms of value - you're paying 20 quid for a lot of hours of play.  Definitely worth it compared to what you might pay for other games. 

Just bought this for £19.99 off the PS4 market place. Take it that's good value

Pound for pound it's up there for value with paying a fiver for a weekend with Angelina Jolie.

I had my first foray in Toussaint last night.  It's fucking stunningly beautiful.  Strange accents on the locals though - kind of a hybrid Scottish/ Scandinavian/ Chinese/ South African mix.  I'm not sure what they're aiming for there.

I had my first foray in Toussaint last night.  It's fucking stunningly beautiful.  Strange accents on the locals though - kind of a hybrid Scottish/ Scandinavian/ Chinese/ South African mix.  I'm not sure what they're aiming for there.

This.  I only played a bit so far but those were my thoughts exactly.  Everything's so bright - blue sky, green grass - absolutely stunning.  Untouched by war unlike the greys and browns of Velen.

Definite hints of South African from Milton, but accents aside, they seem to be going for a French/Spanish vibe.