The Witcher 3

spud131

Don't think there's anything more satisfying on this game than cutting a man in half diagonally from shoulder to waist.... whilst on horseback 

You've obviously never seen Keira Metz in the bath.....

:wub:

Edited by Fide

You've obviously never seen Keira Metz in the bath.....

:wub:

Considering I've seen Keira in the bath, Yen on horseback and Triss giving mixed signals to a ship at sea... pretty poor though that there's like 2 generic cut scenes for the prostitutes and other NPCs you're able to shag

Although I have also seen Keira um... impaled...  :(

Started this last night but only got through about 5 mins of the game. Have to say, visually it looks amazing. I really dont like the 3rd person view though. Hopefully, I can get used to it

You will get used to it.

I'm jealous as hell that you're experiencing the Witcher with fresh eyes.  I've ploughed over 200 hours into the fucker.

You will get used to it.

I'm jealous as hell that you're experiencing the Witcher with fresh eyes.  I've ploughed over 200 hours into the fucker.

Im not really too be honest. But Im only a couple of hours into the main quest (just killed the Griffon)

Im liking it but Im not loving it

Im not really too be honest. But Im only a couple of hours into the main quest (just killed the Griffon)

Witcher games are slow burners. Picks up momentum along the way!

I'm finding it hard to complete quests quickly enough before my level is miles too high. Is that normal?

Yep. Overleveling quickly becomes an issue if you're a completionist and like doing all the side quests and treasure hunts etc. 

It gets its hooks into you slowly, but hook you it will.

That sounded more Yoda than it meant to.

Yep. Overleveling quickly becomes an issue if you're a completionist and like doing all the side quests and treasure hunts etc.

aye, try playing on death march and you'll regret ever saying that, you have to do everything just to be able to struggle your way through. Edited by killie_lad

Witcher games are slow burners. Picks up momentum along the way!

It gets its hooks into you slowly, but hook you it will.

That sounded more Yoda than it meant to.

Fair enough, I'll stick with it. Just seems to have been a lot of cut scenes and a lot of unnecessary tutorial stuff so far.

The first chapter / act in White Orchard is a bit overly guided and heavy on tutorials although you are free to roam, but I'd never played any of the games before so it did help me. When you get to Velen & Novigrad the game really starts to take off as you've got so many more choices.

It's pretty universally recognised that the sequence after the introductory area, Velen, is the best part of the game. Play through that and if you're not into it best dropping it there, as the next two parts are a bit slower.

It's pretty universally recognised that the sequence after the introductory area, Velen, is the best part of the game. Play through that and if you're not into it best dropping it there, as the next two parts are a bit slower.

Seriously? Ive just sat through more lengthy cut scenes, answering random questions and then I had to pick an outfit and get dressed. THATS the best bit?  :o

Seriously? Ive just sat through more lengthy cut scenes, answering random questions and then I had to pick an outfit and get dressed. THATS the best bit? :o

I'd say after this is when the game starts to pick up a bit of pace, you're still just scratching the surface!

Edited by Scott-Replay

I'd say after this is when the game starts to pick up a bit of pace, you're still just scratching the surface!

Im just about to meet some Baron. The pattern of the game is established now - ride the horse along a track for ages > kill something (optional) > speak to someone > watch loong cut scene > ride the horse along a track for ages > repeat

I think the thing thats irking me most is the cut scenes are pretty boring yet lots of things happen. Its almost like you're not really in control of whats going on

Im just about to meet some Baron. The pattern of the game is established now - ride the horse along a track for ages > kill something (optional) > speak to someone > watch loong cut scene > ride the horse along a track for ages > repeat

I think the thing thats irking me most is the cut scenes are pretty boring yet lots of things happen. Its almost like you're not really in control of whats going on

Stick with it.

In 3 months you'll proclaim it the best game ever made.

Srsly.

Stick with it.

In 3 months you'll proclaim it the best game ever made.

Srsly.

Im pretty certain I wont :(

If it doesnt get better pretty quick I wont be playing it in 3 days

Stop riding the horse everywhere as well, much more fun to be had exploring that way plus the horse controls aren't great.

What, walk everywhere? Why would I want to do that?