The Witcher 3

spud131

I like this game so much I made a second playthrough purely to pick up the 3 gwent cards that I missed to get the achievement for collecting all the cards.

It's ruined Fallout 4 for me, had played that first and bought the season pass, played this, played the first Fallout 4 DLC and gave up after an hour.

It's not perfect in terms of the ending being determined by half a dozen dialogue choices, some of which aren't apparently obvious as to the outcome. But it's near as dammit.

Reckon the necromancy sequence in Freyas Garden has to be one of the most genuinely unsettling things I've ever seen playing a game. I'm glad I'm playing this in the daytime as if that was at night I'd be struggling right now.

Fill yer boots

f**k.

And that's just the first minute or so.  Don't want to watch too much in case it spoils anything, but that looks absolutely brilliant.

I'm not sure whether to try and hit the end of the main story now (my current playthrough I've gotten to Novigrad, and about to sail for Skellige) in the hope that I'm levelled up enough once the DLC comes out, or just binge towards that once it is out.  

Edited by forameus

The first dlc was levelled so that you'd be approximately the right level having just finished the main story. Not sure what they're doing with this one - could be levelled to your character whatever level they are, or could be even higher than Hearts of Stone.

The first dlc was levelled so that you'd be approximately the right level having just finished the main story. Not sure what they're doing with this one - could be levelled to your character whatever level they are, or could be even higher than Hearts of Stone.

I think from reading the Kotaku article that they indirectly mentioned it was pretty hard.  The developers put the game on Easy mode to get them through it a bit quicker.  I'd imagine it's going to be around the 30 mark like Hearts of Stone, but even then I found that absolutely solid when I chose the create a level 30 character. 

I've gotten to level 17 now, still to sail to Skellige.   A few more weeks on that and I should reach the end of the game, hopefully in the mid 30s.  Still to do the majority of Hearts of Stone, then I can jump into Blood and Wine too.

I hope the latter.  The main world is too easy once you've reached lower-mid thirties at the end of the main storyline, but then I found Hearts of Stone a real culture shock with the difficulty.  Took some adapting to and tactical thought to beat the monsters.  It'd be good if Blood and Wine can do the same at an even higher level.

Whats the deal with the DLC?

According to this link on Games website you get all the DLC for free if you buy the game which is only £25.

But, GOG, is charging for the DLC, including an expansion pass version for £36

Is Game selling some special edition cheap or something??

To expand on the answer above, there were small pieces of DLC launched, 2 per week for the first 8 weeks of the game. New weapons, finishing animation sequences, armour and a couple of new small side missions. These were released for free on the networks for each console and are still readily available without a box insert code which can just as easily be added to a used game so it's pretty shite for Game to be hawking that as some sort of added incentive.

Think it's the 16 free DLCs you get - different character skins, New Game+ etc - rather than the ones they charge for.

To expand on the answer above, there were small pieces of DLC launched, 2 per week for the first 8 weeks of the game. New weapons, finishing animation sequences, armour and a couple of new small side missions. These were released for free on the networks for each console and are still readily available without a box insert code which can just as easily be added to a used game so it's pretty shite for Game to be hawking that as some sort of added incentive.

Ah, ok . So they're different from the "expansion packs" with extra missions etc?

Cheers guys :)

ETA - purchased :D

Edited by Mr X

Started the wild hunt again after my ps4 erased my fucking data, trying to get the trophies and completing all quests on death march which is just solid. 3/4 health bar and the drowners come at you in droves, 1 hits and the rest jump on too killing you in a second :(. I love it though. Tempted just to start blood and wine but I feel I have committed to this now.

Ah, ok . So they're different from the "expansion packs" with extra missions etc?

Cheers guys :)

ETA - purchased :D

Congrats.  Prepare to lose many, many, many hours of your life.