The Race For Fourth

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the top six will pan out as the current positions just now. We've struggled against the top sides this season so far so I'm not confident of many points but it depends on where the games are being played.

I think the top six will pan out as the current positions just now. We've struggled against the top sides this season so far so I'm not confident of many points but it depends on where the games are being played.

I think the saints will overhaul utd. I don't think we will purely as the gap is too big and due to your observation that we don't pick up too many points against these mobs.

tbh we have hit a rough patch at the same time as united. with the difference being 6 points and to play each other twice it could be interesting and i wouldnt rule out us failing heroically to qualify for europe once again.

Honestly not a fishing trip, but when was the last time Dundee finished as high as 4th?

They haven't since they won the league in 1962. Their best since then is a run of fifth place finishes in the mid-seventies and then again under Jocky Scott in 1999.

tbh we have hit a rough patch at the same time as united. with the difference being 6 points and to play each other twice it could be interesting and i wouldnt rule out us failing heroically to qualify for europe once again.

Can't see Caley finishing lower than 4th, which would still guarantee Europe if Celtic win the cup.

ICT absolutely should be included. We've been utter shite for months.

I think the thread is about the race for Europe with it seen as unlikely that Celtic or yourselves would not win the SC. You would then have to drop down to 5th which is highly unlikely. If Dabs turn it around they could overtake you but can't see Saints also doing it and pretty much no chance the Dees could

They haven't since they won the league in 1962. Their best since then is a run of fifth place finishes in the mid-seventies and then again under Jocky Scott in 1999.

Massive club.

• 2 weeks later...

We're now favourites for fourth i reckon. Since Uniteds games in hand are Celtic and Caley away. Only four behind Inverness too, with them still to visit McDiarmid. Be astounded if we finished third, and we'd likely be the lowest ever scorers to reach that height.

St Johnstone finishing 3rd/4th really highlights how poor the league is this year quality-wise out with the top two. I'm sure their fans would be the first to admit they've not been great this season. For us to only be 6 points behind ICT too is pretty unbelievable after winning only a single game since January.

St Johnstone finishing 3rd/4th really highlights how poor the league is this year quality-wise out with the top two. I'm sure their fans would be the first to admit they've not been great this season. For us to only be 6 points behind ICT too is pretty unbelievable after winning only a single game since January.

we have been poor offensively but not many better defensive records in the league. Yes last year we played quite explosive football ( like yourselves ) but we had to adapt to what tools we got and I think if we finish 3rd or 4th it would be as big an achievement as lifting cup last season. Got to also remember our budget is about the 9th or 10th lowest in the league. Maybe if Jackie was a bit more tactically astute you would be higher up the league than currently are.

Archived