A Team of the Year

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't really argue with that IMO. All players should come from Celtic, The Famous and ICT as standard.

Aye and United were decent til January, hence Armstrong. Biton's been good but Jack does his position better than him. You could switch McGinn out for someone but he's the top assist-maker in the league and so it would be silly to exclude him, just as it would be silly to exclude Rooney, the top scorer and Van Dijk/Denayer partnership as they've conceded the least.

Denayer has been utterly rancid every single time he's played Dundee and I include the pre-season friendly he played in for Man City. Dreadful. I can only assume he's an absolute rock when not playing against us.

Peaso made him look very average in the game at dens

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Team of the Season (4-2-3-1)

Michael McGovern (Hamilton Accies) - More saves than any other goalkeeper in the top flight, more than twice as many as Gordon.

Adam Matthews (Celtic) - Just edges out Shay Logan.

Virgil van Dijk (Celtic) - Is he top quality? Maybe not but in the Scottish league there isn't anyone better.

Jason Denayer (Celtic) - Similiar to van Dijk, also 15 goals between the two of them this season.

Graeme Shinnie (Inverness) - One of the best players in the league for me.

Scott Brown (Celtic) - Brings out the seethe in a lot of fans but I think he's a terrific player.

Stefan Johansen (Celtic) - Will be the player of the season I'd imagine.

Marley Watkins (Inverness) - Picked over Jonny Hayes as Hayes seems to have played more on the left this season.

Stuart Armstrong (Dundee Utd/Celtic) - I really like him and think he's a terrific player. Greg Stewart could have taken this slot on his performances this season but I think Armstrong is a better player overall.

Ali Crawford (Hamilton) - Probably the player I've been most impressed in in the flesh. Seen him 4 times this season and he was superb on three occasions and one of Accies better players in their poor performance at Fir Park recently.

Adam Rooney (Aberdeen) - The obvious shout for the centre forward. Might well score 30+ this season.

Team of the Season (4-2-3-1)

Michael McGovern (Hamilton Accies) - More saves than any other goalkeeper in the top flight, more than twice as many as Gordon.

Adam Matthews (Celtic) - Just edges out Shay Logan.

Virgil van Dijk (Celtic) - Is he top quality? Maybe not but in the Scottish league there isn't anyone better.

Jason Denayer (Celtic) - Similiar to van Dijk, also 15 goals between the two of them this season.

Graeme Shinnie (Inverness) - One of the best players in the league for me.

Scott Brown (Celtic) - Brings out the seethe in a lot of fans but I think he's a terrific player.

Stefan Johansen (Celtic) - Will be the player of the season I'd imagine.

Marley Watkins (Inverness) - Picked over Jonny Hayes as Hayes seems to have played more on the left this season.

Stuart Armstrong (Dundee Utd/Celtic) - I really like him and think he's a terrific player. Greg Stewart could have taken this slot on his performances this season but I think Armstrong is a better player overall.

Ali Crawford (Hamilton) - Probably the player I've been most impressed in in the flesh. Seen him 4 times this season and he was superb on three occasions and one of Accies better players in their poor performance at Fir Park recently.

Adam Rooney (Aberdeen) - The obvious shout for the centre forward. Might well score 30+ this season.

Where'd you see that about McGovern? Feel that might help me win some arguments lol.

I'm going to base mine solely on what I've seen v. Killie this season and through various random televised matches. I've self imposed a maximum of three players from any one team.

GK - Craig Gordon (Celtic)

DR - Shay Logan (Aberdeen)

CB - Virgil Van Dijk (Celtic)

CB - Mark Connolly (Kilmarnock)

DL - Graeme Shinnie (Inverness CT)

CM - Ryan Jack (Aberdeen)

AM - Stefan Johansen (Celtic)

CM - Tony Andreu (Hamilton)

RM - Marley Watkins (Inverness CT)

ST - Adam Rooney (Aberdeen)

LM - Greg Stewart (Dundee)

Gordon

Logan Van Dijk Connolly Shinnie

Jack Andreu

Watkins Stewart

Johansen

Rooney

Anyone selecting another keeper ahead of Josh Meekings is an idiot.

100% save rate.

Expect a letter for an immediate ban in the coming days.

From Dundee I can only see Stewart and Bain having any chance of getting into the team but with the Gordon story this year I expect only Stewart to make it.

• 3 weeks later...

GK - Craig Gordon (Celtic) Gordon

RB - Shane Logan (Aberdeen) Logan VVD / Denayer Shinnie

CB - Virgil Van Dijk or Jason Denayer (Celtic)

LB - Graeme Shinnie (Inverness CT) Brown Jack

Armstrong Johansen Tansey

CDM - Scott Brown (Celtic)

CDM - Ryan Jack (Aberdeen) Rooney Stewart

RAM - Stuart Armstrong (Dundee United / Celtic)

CAM - Stefan Johansen (Celtic)

LAM - Greg Tansey (Inverness CT)

CF - Adam Rooney (Aberdeen)

CF - Greg Stewart (Dundee)

Honourabe mentions: McGovern (Accies), Anderson (St Johnstone), Hayes (Aberdeen), Bitton (Celtic), Andreu (Accies)

*Leigh Griffiths would have probably been in team of the year had he been starting regularly since August.

POTY - Craig Gordon (Celtic)

YPOTY - Jason Denayer (Celtic)

MOTY - Robbie Neilson (Hearts)... John Hughes for Premiership MOTY if ICT secure third and win the Scottish Cup.

Signing of the season - Craig Gordon (Celtic) / Greg Stewart (Dundee)

Archived