BBC Party Leaders debate 16th April.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then tear up your ballot paper. That is your democratic right. It's was a hard fought right, won by folks who went out on the streets and tore up their ballot papers.

You know what I mean.

I'm a bit miffed having discovered that the party I'd decided to vote for would be happy to hop into bed with another, especially given that it's the very party they're looking to wipe out in Scotland.

That sort of behaviour has killed the LDs as a party.

Say what you want about Farage, but he does provide some hilarious entertainment value :lol:

The only logic I can see behind it is. That he's trying to capture his corner of the market.

Ed needed to put in a big performance, but failed to deliver. Even Benett tore him a new one at one point :lol: However, in many ways he won by default by Cameron not being there. If I was a Lab/Con swing voter in middle England. I would probably be voting Labour at this time. However him saying "Let me answer that question directly" was ironic. Given that he's never given a direct answer to anything during his time as opposition leader.

Hate to say this, but I believe Wood is out of her depth here.

Benett did show notable improvement compared to her past performance, but she's not giving any reason for floating voters to back her.

Sturgeon, unquestionably won the debate. She's certainly showing those main stream WM politicians how dull, out of touch and devoid of any direction they are.

I don't understand why my generation has to pay off a fucking huge debt and the ones after me don't. It's f**k all to do with me

That's why governments having the power to borrow is one of the greatest evils of modern society.

Ooft, I'm pretty sure one of the first things a 'Debating for Dummies' book would say is, "Do not under any circumstances, launch an unprovoked attack on the audience".

Bravo Nigel, you maverick. :lol:

I think that outburst stemmed back to his QT appearance with Russell Brand. Where he was up against a raging loony left audience. Launching such an attack on the audience in this instance was uncalled for.

Archived