BBC Party Leaders debate 16th April.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She was even money, I'm not a snp loyalist like some but she was the best bar where she said about going into the coalition where miliband shay on her.

Eh she never mentioned going into a coalition.

How anyone could see Milliband as a future leader is beyond me, wee Nicola has him sewn up no problem, grudging but growing respect every time she's given a chance to shine! She is the antithesis of passionate Unionist beliefs, but she is a fine natural orator and a bloody good politician. Cameron should have been there fighting in the mix tonight !!

As I said earlier - politics isn't my strongest point, so I appreciate having things cleared up if I'm missing the obvious.

Isn't offering yourself to "support" another party harmful to your own party's image? It's already killed the LDs (albeit from being in full coalition).

Historically LD's poilcies have been much closer to Labour's. When they went into coalition with the Tories. People thought they were going to fight get their policies and protect us from the worst of the Tory polices. Admittedly they protected us from the worst of those dragnet surveillance bills, but it's not saying a lot in the wider context. After all, Nick Clegg was as eager as Cameron to go to war with Syria.

How anyone could see Milliband as a future leader is beyond me, wee Nicola has him sewn up no problem, grudging but growing respect every time she's given a chance to shine! She is the antithesis of passionate Unionist beliefs, but she is a fine natural orator and a bloody good politician. Cameron should have been there fighting in the mix tonight !!

Nicola obviously can.

It's like an American high school love movie , Nichola hanging out with all her pals trying not to look interested in ed whilst ed is trying to play it cool . The get together is going to happen in the car park when a drunken Dave makes a sly move on Nicola and offers her a stinky finger , not taking no for an answer red ed rides to the rescue and delivers a swift right hook and boot to the baws for oor Dave and the two star crossed lovers lock eyes , smile and embrace under the moonlight.

He's the Marty McFly of politics.

I enjoyed the shit out of that debate. If I was a Labour supporter I'd be very worried having someone as inept as Ed at the helm. It's more clear than ever that an Ed Miliband led Government NEEDS the SNP to give them a set of cojones.

And if Ed says "let me answer that directly" one more time before doing the exact fucking opposite I'll launch my tv/ tablet/ radio out the window.

Honestly over the moon with how well Sturgeon has done since taking over. I never in a million years thought she would win over those down South. The praise for her is absolutely fantastic to see.

What a woman. :)

On the UK wide poll last night. 25% of people thot oor Nic would make the best PM!!! Uk wide!

What a coup for the SNP. Totally winning over the female voters now. Eck was king but many females didnt like him.

Landslide!!

Sky news poll

Sturgeon 54

Ed 20

Farage 17.5

Wood 4.5

Bennett 4

Probably called it right. If the SNP don't get 50 seats at this GE, they never will. Last night Sturgeon handed out an even bigger cuffing to Milliband and Farage, and the audience loved it. To the English she's now the Prime Minister they want but can't get, so any coalition without the SNP central to it will simply be unacceptable & likely to result in further punishment at the ballot box next time out. If they think Sturgeon's giving them a hard time, just wait until they have to deal with Salmond in Cabinet.

Wood's sensibly realised she's only going to get anywhere from the reflected glory of being Nicola's political BFF, Welsh voters will be more swayed to give PC their vote only because it's via the SNP bloc they will have power at Westminster, not because their leader is the remotest bit convincing.

Farage deliberately played the snarky outsider sneering at BBC bias and being the only grown up at the podium, but whilst it may have been manna for his supporters at home, I'm not so sure it will have gone down as well with the voters as the exit poll suggested. As Salmond learned the hard way, you can only play that card now and again, and the backlash against Murphy's boorishness demonstrates that people are fed up of politicians behaving like they're taking part in another Rangers demo.

Bennett - thank you for destroying the Greens best chance of a Westminster electoral breakthrough, you dropkick. The sooner she is replaced, the better.

....and the backlash against Murphy's boorishness demonstrates that people are fed up of politicians behaving like they're taking part in another Rangers demo....

Don't think Murphy can sensibly be accused of that:

2550733099_02b51551ee1.jpg

Some of the antics of the Green Brigade would probably be the more obvious way to finish off that analogy in Murphy's case given he is a Celtic supporter.

Think people at SNP HQ will be questioning whether they blew it during the referendum campaign by not having Sturgeon doing the two big debates with Alistair Darling given female voters were a problem demographic for the Yes side and Salmond put in a relatively weak performance during the first debate.

Top 10 Searches during the debate:

• What is Trident?
  • What is austerity?
  • Why is David Cameron not at the debate?
  • Who should I vote for?
  • What is Nato?
  • What is right to buy?
  • Where is Natalie Bennett from?
  • What does Plaid Cymru mean?
  • What is a brownfield site?
  • How old is Nicola Sturgeon?

People are morons.

Archived