Clyde v Albion Rovers

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-0 up, looked fairly comfortable and then we concede a poor goal from not clearing the ball.

The goal got Rovers going and they were by far the better team in the second half. We had some success with the new formation in the first half but should have changed things in the second half especially when we moved McQueen back in defence as nothing was sticking up front.

Thought McQueen, Marko, Durie and Murray all had good games. Traynor isn't the answer at left back and I don't rate McDougall or Fisher either. Robb had a very shaky game but it was his debut after all.

Well done to Albion but agree with posters above will need a lot of new players if they are to stay up next season.

Some thoughts from me before I head up to the Georgian to drink myself into oblivion...

That game saw arguably the worst and best Rovers performances of the season. I don't know what was said at half time, but we went from having only a 18 year old on-loan kid, and a full back playing centre half, look in any way interested, to absolutely roasting Clyde. I assume it must have been an appeal to pride, as suddenly guys like McGuigan, Love, Davidson and Fisher started playing. Man of the match was Kyle Turnbull, but the club really need to look at a policy that allows all the back-up centre halfs to go on loan leaving the diminutive Kyle as the only option to cover Mick Dunlop's suspension.

The scenes at the end were magic and well played to the Clyde tannoy man for keeping us updated, given the match at Gayfield was running a few minutes behind ours; he was a real credit to his club. Tis a shame that the steward who was telling away fans to f**k off at the end, and his supervisor who advised that abusive language is an acceptable 'weapon' in crowd control, weren't quite of the same calibre.

f**k! We've done it, and I'm still not sure I can grasp that. Bevvy will help, though :thumsup2

Well done Albion Rovers. I've never seen Dunfermline play them and Cliftonhill is the last of the 42 grounds I've to see the Pars play at (although curiously I have played in a youth tournament there!) so looking forward to meeting you next season.

Enjoy the celebrations!

Managed to get away from work early & caught most of game, looking forward to Albino's take on it as thought most of players he gives pelters were excellent 2nd half.

Well done to all at Rovers , great for the club . Have taken great strides in last 2 seasons.

Onwards & upwards

Rovers played pish first half and didn't play much better in the second half, don't know how we lost that haha I blame Trayner for causing the first goal before half time, best team lost.

But congrats to Rovers my hometown club ????

Archived