Clyde v Albion Rovers

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marooned on the isle of Arran I suspected today might be the day we wrapped it up- and, from what I've spent the last two hours reading via BBC website, the way we chose to do it sums up the season. It wasn't a comfortable ride but it started to look likely at the halfway point: Arbroath and Queen's were strong starters but the Rovers were clearly the best-prepared team for the long run. Some cut-throat decisions were made last Summer, and they've paid off big time.

For my generation, until now, a championship-winning Rovers team was a dream. Congratulations to everyone who made it a reality.

Congrats to 'Vers - if you whitewash your nearest rivals then you surely deserve it. Was SEETHING at Clyde for chucking it, until I realised that this result now rules them out the play-offs (-16 GD on EF), so bearing in mind that a Clyde result would only have delayed the inevitable my demeanour has now upgraded to PLEASED.

Congrats to 'Vers - if you whitewash your nearest rivals then you surely deserve it. Was SEETHING at Clyde for chucking it, until I realised that this result now rules them out the play-offs (-16 GD on EF), so bearing in mind that a Clyde result would only have delayed the inevitable my demeanour has now upgraded to PLEASED.

:lol:

Well done the rovers well deserved my my barry 2 up 2 centre halves score the goals ,hopefully u b called to boardroom and given your jotters not being cruel but you need put out your misery and our"s ,your 2 striker signings in jan have amassed a staggering 2 btween them and scott scepovic a meant mcmanus 9 all season come back big pat all has been forgiven

Congratulations 'vers, delighted for you. Terrific club with a great set of fans and an unusually large proportion of ex-Sons players.

What a way to do it as well! Enjoy your night and the rest of the season :)

Things learnt from today:

1) Traynor needs an awful lot of improving if he's going to be our left back next season. His performance was dreadful; hopeless header at the first goal, caught out badly at the third. His crossing is really poor; I think there's a general problem with his technique and that'll take a huge amount of work to fix.

2) Fisher is a back-up player. He's had some good games but he got battered all over the place in the second half. I'll let Robb away with it as it was his debut but Marko ended up being out of position having to cover situations that should've been dealt with.

3) The formation (kind of similar to the 3421 that Liverpool have been using) was worth trying and worked well enough. I thought McDougall was excellent. The main problem is that with weak players like the ones mentioned above, gaps open up. Hopefully we'll not see it again until we have a better left-sided player. I'd have changed to a back four at half-time, and it was crazy not to do so after the equaliser.

4) Scott Ferguson still has a lot of learning to do. This season, and the different role that he's been given (coming inside more, not relying purely on his pace), will make him a better player in the long run but it's frustrating to watch.

Congratulations to Albion Rovers. Think you've got some job on your hands improving your squad for next season though; I don't think you're anywhere near as good as Peterhead was last season. Everyone's favourite midfielder takes some credit for surviving that full game with Under Armour on by the way.

who gives a rat's ass who wins the league if it ain't Clyde

can't understand why the boy robb wasn't substituted he could hardly run yet Ferguson Roberts and malcolm couldn't see it he gave a away the free kick for the equaliser and had to get carried off and as for the physio what did he tell the management

Archived