What's behind the SNP lead in the polls?

Granny Danger

Ask her where the money is coming from to replace the Barnett shortfall. Ask her why she's produced no data, has no audit or independent opinion. When you get an answer that makes any sense let me know.

Where is the money going to come from to make up the UK's gigantic shortfall?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me it wasn't standing with the Tories per se, but standing to save their own political careers ar Westminster (that's worked out well).

It essentially put the needs of the Labour party (UK) before the need of the Scottish people. It exposed them for what they are. Selfish and up to now complacent. Most seats up here were as red as you could imagine, yet the voters got nothing back. Taken for granted.

The referendum opened eyes and people see the SNP as an alternative.

Ask her where the money is coming from to replace the Barnett shortfall. Ask her why she's produced no data, has no audit or independent opinion. When you get an answer that makes any sense let me know.

You are either Reynard or his twin brother. Which UK parties support FFA? A complete red-herring.

Where is the money going to come from to make up the UK's gigantic shortfall?

She can't raise capital on the markets without a currency or a central bank. Where is the £10bn coming from? Please tell the few undecided souls here, yet to be brain washed by heather and tartan, where your party is getting this money?

She can't raise capital on the markets without a currency or a central bank. Where is the £10bn coming from? Please tell the few undecided souls here, yet to be brain washed by heather and tartan, where your party is getting this money?

Ach dae you no ken their hiding secret oil fields from us and magic money tree beans....

Borrowing, same as the UK, at the same rates as the UK, from the same places as the UK. Scotland has been able to borrow in this way since 2012. You're very ignorant.

Obviously the UK has to borrow more than we will, in actual terms and proportionally for seven out of the last ten years and again in two years time, how will they cope without 60% of the EU's oil reserves to back it up?

Borrowing, same as the UK, at the same rates as the UK, from the same places as the UK. Scotland has been able to borrow in this way since 2012. You're very ignorant.

Obviously the UK has to borrow more than we will, in actual terms and proportionally for seven out of the last ten years and again in two years time, how will they cope without 60% of the EU's oil reserves to back it up?

Nope, she needs a central bank and can't issue bonds. You are ignorant. Why do you think she hasn't borrowed yet Einstein? BOE isn't hers to play with.

Its not difficult to see what's going on. All the YESs are under one banner the SNP and the NOs are split over Libdem Labour and Tory.Simples.

Yip, and its going to be like that at every election from now on. Isn't it beautiful? Independence is only a matter of time if the SNP remain the establishment party in Scotland.

I can see why unionists like you two are shitting your breeks.

Default on our share of UK debt as was sabre rattled at the referendum and you will be getting loaned nowt or at Wonga rates.

Nope, she need a central bank and can't issue bonds. You are ignorant. Why do you think she hasn't borrowed yet Einstein?

Cause we don't have FFA yet you fucking clown, the UK borrows on our behalf. We have a central bank, the Bank of England and UK government bonds as we are part of the UK.

Someone tell me how to ignore this cretin

Its not difficult to see what's going on. All the YESs are under one banner the SNP and the NOs are split over Libdem Labour and Tory.Simples.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that 80%+ of the 45 will have been SNP supporters anyway. Labour have done nothing to woo them back, so there's 35%+ of the electorate anyway.

There will also be large numbers of people who were dissuaded from voting Yes on the 'vow' of having more powers transferred to Scotland and have seen their promise be largely ignored since Sept 19th, and now realise that putting the SNP in a position of power is the only way to ensure fair representation in the UK political spectrum (my mum and dad fit this perfectly).

Default on our share of UK debt as was sabre rattled at the referendum and you will be getting loaned nowt or at Wonga rates.

There is no possibility of that without independence, with FFA thats impossible. You're getting ignored too as soon as someone tells me how. Childlike trolls.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that 80%+ of the 45 will have been SNP supporters anyway. Labour have done nothing to woo them back, so there's 35%+ of the electorate anyway.

There will also be large numbers of people who were dissuaded from voting Yes on the 'vow' of having more powers transferred to Scotland and have seen their promise be largely ignored since Sept 19th, and now realise that putting the SNP in a position of power is the only way to ensure fair representation in the UK political spectrum (my mum and dad fit this perfectly).

If anyone was put off voting yes cause of the most obviously paper thin pile of bullshit ever that the vow was I genuinely pity them. No offence to your parents but holy fucking shit.

I went to that RIC Conference ages back (for work but also for personal interest) and two things struck me as organic consequences of the past few years. Firstly that there was some kind of movement developing. One that despite falling short of winning Independence, could have the full force of Britain's financial sector, media and diplomatic influence thrown at it, and still rattle the living f**k out of the kleptocratic establishment.

And b) that Scottish Labour had become accepted as the single biggest enemy of social justice in Scotland.

I don't think Labour's role in Better Together is the primary reason for their demise in Scotland though, rather it's a straw that broke the camels back situation. Some of their behaviour (especially in the closing weeks) acted as a big fucking microscope for everything we already knew.

MPs standing outside the stores of international corporations gleefully promoting a Whitehall created lie aimed at intimidating the most vulnerable in society; being promised armed guards in our border; the 180 u-turns on home rule, the safety of the NHS and pensions - all equivalent to a slightly snidey comment that provokes a woman to finally leave her wife beating husband.

Throw in the fact that the SNP have proven themself as reasonably competent and the vehicle for said movement is an obvious choice. More than specifically Scottish Independence, 45% (perhaps more now?) want change and know that the Unionist parties aren't in the slightest bit interested in delivering it.

Yip, and its going to be like that at every election from now on. Isn't it beautiful? Independence is only a matter of time if the SNP remain the establishment party in Scotland.

I can see why unionists like you two are shitting your breeks.

My breeks are fine and the "only a matter of time" complacency is making them feel finer still.The "establishment" party never changes in Scotland does it.....oh hang on it does.

Archived