What's behind the SNP lead in the polls?

Granny Danger

Thicko icoming here.

Is Sturgeon standing in the general election? If she is then can she still be in the Scottish Parliament?

Its just that I don't know if you can be a member of both and fulfill all the responsibilities that both require.

like I said, I'm not too bright when it comes to politics. I'm only bothered about local things and whether or not my bins get emptied and the street outside is swept from time to time.

Nah she's not, she's just getting all the attention as she leads the party. The group of SNP MP's will be lead at Westminster by Angus Robertson unless I'm very much mistaken.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The referendum is the main reason, seeing that the UK parties do not have Scotland's best interests at heart and only the SNP do.

The referendum is simply the lancing of the boil of mistrust which has built up over decades - and a final, incontrovertible statement that labour gives not a fúck about the people it exists to represent.

Nah she's not, she's just getting all the attention as she leads the party. The group of SNP MP's will be lead at Westminster by Angus Robertson unless I'm very much mistaken.

Thanks for that, cheers.

Wonder if Salmonds ego will let him be led by someone else for very long.

Thicko icoming here.

Is Sturgeon standing in the general election? If she is then can she still be in the Scottish Parliament?

Its just that I don't know if you can be a member of both and fulfill all the responsibilities that both require.

like I said, I'm not too bright when it comes to politics. I'm only bothered about local things and whether or not my bins get emptied and the street outside is swept from time to time.

She isn't standing, but she wants to be in charge of England too by proxy - keep Ed 'honest'. For a supposed person that only cares about Scotland she wants more power and influence, an attention seeking celebrity chaser, going beyond her remit with a ship of fools behind her.

So in a similar coalition government to the tory/lib dem one, would sturgeon as party leader not be deputy PM? or would this Robertson guy get it? And what about Alex Salmond......Surly he would be the likely candidate if not Sturgeon?

The SNP have been a thoroughly competent government in Scotland at Holyrood.

I was one of the 45% but the cancellation of the Glasgow Airport Rail Link after it was agreed to go ahead by the Scottish Parliament was a bit of a stinker.

It was to cost £210m but £30m taxpayers cash was lost cancelling it.

So in a similar coalition government to the tory/lib dem one, would sturgeon as party leader not be deputy PM? or would this Robertson guy get it? And what about Alex Salmond......Surly he would be the likely candidate if not Sturgeon?

No, Ed would have to make her Dame Sturgeon and put her in the house of Lords until a by election came along. But that would be nice, 140k a year as First minister in Holyrood and another £100k as minister in a coalition. £250k a year plus expenses and a pension the size of Wales. They are not daft these leftists. A ship of fools as I said.

Yeah but there won't be an official coalition like now, it will be the SNP offering to support Labour on a vote by vote basis to get legislation passed. There will be no SNP MP's in the cabinet at all.

Don't listen to the nonsense by the weirdo above, he's just a nutter.

This is a woman that's party has produced no costed data, has a £10bn black hole she can't explain away and has no answer to, wants to tax and spend and chase all the money out of Scotland. Anyone with any education, prosperity and basic economic understanding wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

...and Labour still can't convince anybody they are better.

Yeah but there won't be an official coalition like now, it will be the SNP offering to support Labour on a vote by vote basis to get legislation passed. There will be no SNP MP's in the cabinet at all.

Don't listen to the nonsense by the weirdo above, he's just a nutter.

Would they not need to have a proper coalition to form a government? if this options was available to the Lib Dems, they are fools for not taking it.

Watching a program last night which said the Tory vote has usually been underestimated in the polls compared to reality.

So if Cameron gets back in with a majority, what do you think his plans will be (apart from English votes for English issues)

Block grant cut?

Everyone thinks it's going to be a hung parliament but I think the Tories could well win outright. The whole Labour / SNP thing would obviously be irrelevant then.

No, Ed would have to make her Dame Sturgeon and put her in the house of Lords until a by election came along. But that would be nice, 140k a year as First minister in Holyrood and another £100k as minister in a coalition. £250k a year plus expenses and a pension the size of Wales. They are not daft these leftists. A ship of fools as I said.

Just when I thought her current package was best in the business. A few k less than the prime minister for running a country one tenth of the size and less key departments less to manage. Can't think of anyone better placed to articulate the effects of austerity.

Many people see the snp as the only way they will get independance

Indeed but I suspect many people who will never vote for independence are voting SNP as a tactical vote.

E.G. If the majority are going to vote SNP at this General Election why no 'Yes' result last year?

Archived