What's behind the SNP lead in the polls?

Granny Danger

If Cameron wins a majority on the back of his party's recent anti-scottish rhetoric, we will certainly see a referendum proposed in 2016 SNP manifesto that could well provide a different result this time round. By courting UKIP voters and demonising the SNP (seemingly the democratic choice of the Scottish people) he is playing a very dangerous game.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not difficult to see what's going on. All the YESs are under one banner the SNP and the NOs are split over Libdem Labour and Tory.Simples.

A lot of no voters will also be voting SNP so that doesn't quite make it as simple as you're suggesting

Yeah once every fifty years apparently. The SNP are three months in, settle down for a long stay Dave.

Every 50 years you say.The Tories must be due back soon. I wouldn't always equate support for the SNP and Independence either as again its a lazy assumption. There is a very wide group with a myriad of expectations under the SNP umbrella .

She can't raise capital on the markets without a currency or a central bank. Where is the £10bn coming from? Please tell the few undecided souls here, yet to be brain washed by heather and tartan, where your party is getting this money?

Ach dae you no ken their hiding secret oil fields from us and magic money tree beans....

Well, there is a surprise. Two idiots posting on a subject that they obviously know f**k all about. Have either of you even investigated the powers available to the Scottish Government?

I went to that RIC Conference ages back (for work but also for personal interest) and two things struck me as organic consequences of the past few years. Firstly that there was some kind of movement developing. One that despite falling short of winning Independence, could have the full force of Britain's financial sector, media and diplomatic influence thrown at it, and still rattle the living f**k out of the kleptocratic establishment.

And b) that Scottish Labour had become accepted as the single biggest enemy of social justice in Scotland.

I don't think Labour's role in Better Together is the primary reason for their demise in Scotland though, rather it's a straw that broke the camels back situation. Some of their behaviour (especially in the closing weeks) acted as a big fucking microscope for everything we already knew.

MPs standing outside the stores of international corporations gleefully promoting a Whitehall created lie aimed at intimidating the most vulnerable in society; being promised armed guards in our border; the 180 u-turns on home rule, the safety of the NHS and pensions - all equivalent to a slightly snidey comment that provokes a woman to finally leave her wife beating husband.

Throw in the fact that the SNP have proven themself as reasonably competent and the vehicle for said movement is an obvious choice. More than specifically Scottish Independence, 45% (perhaps more now?) want change and know that the Unionist parties aren't in the slightest bit interested in delivering it.

Absolutely

The sight of Scottish Labour politicians standing outside Asda gleefully selling the spin of a Tory PM should haunt them forever.

Scumbags

I140912_180953_12159598oTextTRMRMMGLPICT

Every 50 years you say.The Tories must be due back soon. I wouldn't always equate support for the SNP and Independence either as again its a lazy assumption. There is a very wide group with a myriad of expectations under the SNP umbrella .

A lot of people voted no in the referendum because they felt valued within the union, and that we were better togethet. Not entirely sure the soundbites we've been hearing the past few days do much to promote that idea. Words like dangerous, irrational, chaos, thief, affront to democracy etc can hardly be considered friendly chat amongst equals.

The game has moved on a fair bit since September, and much of it has been the Conservatives and Labours own doing.

Well, there is a surprise. Two idiots posting on a subject that they obviously know f**k all about. Have either of you even investigated the powers available to the Scottish Government?

Get borrowing then Einstein alleviate Scotlands ills now lets see the Scottish Government powers in action what's the hold up ?

Probably right but the basic numbers are about what I would expect.

Been surprised asking the Naws who they're voting for, most are SNP but for a few hardcore ones. A lot of people wanted to but thought voting yes was to big a risk but are happy to send a Scottish party down to London to look after us better

If anyone was put off voting yes cause of the most obviously paper thin pile of bullshit ever that the vow was I genuinely pity them. No offence to your parents but holy fucking shit.

Oh, I know. I've ripped them a few times because of it.

Ask her where the money is coming from to replace the Barnett shortfall. Ask her why she's produced no data, has no audit or independent opinion. When you get an answer that makes any sense let me know.

Land reform, and getting people to pay inheritance tax on land would be one avenue.

She can't raise capital on the markets without a currency or a central bank. Where is the £10bn coming from? Please tell the few undecided souls here, yet to be brain washed by heather and tartan, where your party is getting this money?

If it's FFA you're talking about, we would still have the Bank of England.

Massive shed tax.

Can anybody explain to me how the SNP plan to pay for the 7.6 to 10bn hole in their FFA budget?

We have been told that they will spend more..apparently, and will continue to reduce the deficit. How can this be possible? The only answer can be massive growth in our economy (of which they have provided no details of how they will achieve this) or savage cuts in public services (austerity max) or tax the living daylights out of us.

Don't see how this is standing up for Scotland at all?

Can anybody explain to me how the SNP plan to pay for the 7.6 to 10bn hole in their FFA budget?

We have been told that they will spend more..apparently, and will continue to reduce the deficit. How can this be possible? The only answer can be massive growth in our economy (of which they have provided no details of how they will achieve this) or savage cuts in public services (austerity max) or tax the living daylights out of us.

Don't see how this is standing up for Scotland at all?

FFA IS NOT ON THE TABLE.

Archived