First World Problems

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, ViktorVic said:

When working in the US I became a victim of crab meat infection in the salad bars in the area.  How's that for a first world problem.

Eat at home, I keep telling myself.

Do you get a commission when people click on your irrelevant links to Restaurant Guru? 

The sandwich shop near the office has a fridge stocked with every soft drink imaginable, except for Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi. Sold out, perhaps? There aren't any gaps where they might have been before unsavoury fingers could have removed them.

Got a new 50" telly and every film I watch the lighting is so harsh you can see the reflection of the studio or location lamps from the sweat on the actors foreheads. It's like watching 80/90's tv movies or for the even more elderly, episodes of Crossroads. I miss the softness of light from my old telly. Might as well jump in the bin and join it in recycling.

On 06/08/2018 at 18:25, welshbairn said:

Got a new 50" telly and every film I watch the lighting is so harsh you can see the reflection of the studio or location lamps from the sweat on the actors foreheads. It's like watching 80/90's tv movies or for the even more elderly, episodes of Crossroads. I miss the softness of light from my old telly. Might as well jump in the bin and join it in recycling.

Does it not have the option of a movie mode? Most modern tellys do, and it tends to have the effect you’re looking for