How Low Can You Sink?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No arguments suggesting he has a mental illness can excuse what this animal has done.

However I wouldn't suggest he deserves the death penalty, that would be far too good for him because it would be over too quickly.

This disgusting dirty b@~%ard deserves a very long slow painful death.

Sometimes. Many are able to control their attraction to prepubescents, others are not.

The disorder manifests itself with varying severity.

To be fair, virtually every facet of human behaviour seems to have an associated disorder in the States - keeps the shrinks in business:

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/

I'm willing to accept that paedophilia is a mental disorder - some punters just seem to be wired that way. Stepping over the line from wanting to to doing something about it is when it becomes a crime and worthy of everything justice can throw at the perpetrator.

I've got blonde with big tits disorder myself, but if I jumped on every one of them I saw I wouldn't expect to stay out of jail too long, nor would I expect any sympathy.

Some amount of ignorance on here.

Says the guy who instantly screamed "mental illness" despite the fact that argument would've been used in his favour in court if it was applicable and therefore mentioned in any article about it.

Says the guy who instantly screamed "mental illness" despite the fact that argument would've been used in his favour in court if it was applicable and therefore mentioned in any article about it.

It's not as if the media are liable to omit important facts such as that. You'd almost think they were right-wing in their reporting :rolleyes:

People wheeled out similar arguments in support of the pedophile hunter when it was broadcast recently, forgetting completely that it is unquestionable medical fact that an attraction to children is a mental illness.

The courts aren't always the bastions of morality. Hundreds of people are thrown into prison under the laws against drug addiction every year. That's another mental illness which also happens to be an imprisonable offence.

To be fair, virtually every facet of human behaviour seems to have an associated disorder in the States - keeps the shrinks in business:

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/

I'm willing to accept that paedophilia is a mental disorder - some punters just seem to be wired that way. Stepping over the line from wanting to to doing something about it is when it becomes a crime and worthy of everything justice can throw at the perpetrator.

I've got blonde with big tits disorder myself, but if I jumped on every one of them I saw I wouldn't expect to stay out of jail too long, nor would I expect any sympathy.

You don't think it would be more beneficial to society as a whole if we were to offer these people - who are ill - treatment?

I think they should suffer also some sort of restorative consequence, but nothing like to the extent people are demanding on here. The way these people are dehumanized isn't right.

it is unquestionable medical fact that an attraction to children is a mental illness.

Whit? Anyway, whatever you call it they should be banged up in concrete or padded cells to protect children. Unless you're suggesting there's an infallible cure?

You don't think it would be more beneficial to society as a whole if we were to offer these people - who are ill - treatment?

I think they should suffer also some sort of restorative consequence, but nothing like to the extent people are demanding on here. The way these people are dehumanized isn't right.

Absolutely right - but only prior to them offending. It's obviously not a crime for them to have inclinations in that direction, but once they step over the line and put those inclinations into pratice they should be punished for their actions.

Proving mental illness won't get you off a murder charge either - all it'll maybe change is where you're locked up.

Whit? Anyway, whatever you call it they should be banged up in concrete or padded cells to protect children. Unless you're suggesting there's an infallible cure?

It just is :lol:

It's important to remember these people have feelings too. They are acting on an unnatural instinct which can be brought under control - like any mental condition - through treatment. "Banging them up in a concrete cell" isn't the most productive solution to this problem and it sends the wrong message as to the type of society we want to be.

Absolutely right - but only prior to them offending. It's obviously not a crime for them to have inclinations in that direction, but once they step over the line and put those inclinations into pratice they should be punished for their actions.

Proving mental illness won't get you off a murder charge either - all it'll maybe change is where you're locked up.

I'd be all for "locking them up" or whatever you want to call it, with a view to reformation.

Compulsory confinement to an area of strict mental supervision and treatment until such time when they are deemed safe to re-enter society.

Throwing them in prison achieves very little.

It just is :lol:

It's important to remember these people have feelings too. They are acting on an unnatural instinct which can be brought under control - like any mental condition - through treatment. "Banging them up in a concrete cell" isn't the most productive solution to this problem and it sends the wrong message as to the type of society we want to be.

What treatment has been proven to work? There's a reason why people with personality disorders who do horrible things aren't treated as mentally ill in the criminal justice system, there's no cure. They're just bad. It doesn't really matter how they got that way, it's just how they are. Bang them up.

What treatment has been proven to work? There's a reason why people with personality disorders who do horrible things aren't treated as mentally ill in the criminal justice system, there's no cure. They're just bad. It doesn't really matter how they got that way, it's just how they are. Bang them up.

It's not really about curing it. You have to instruct people who suffer from this as to how they cope with the condition and refrain from acting on their desires as it simply isn't acceptable behavior.

Have a read of this: http://www.livescience.com/17519-treating-pedophiles-therapy-challenge.html

It explains my argument in more depth and is an interesting take on the issue.

Sometimes. Many are able to control their attraction to prepubescents, others are not.

The disorder manifests itself with varying severity.

So, this particular guy, in this case, could he differentiate right from wrong?

Archived