How Low Can You Sink?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sensible thing to do for any crime is not to try and understand it with a view to future prevention, the solution is to execute or imprison the offender for life. This seems to have completely eradicated crime ever since Victorian times.

Light the pitchforks and validate your outrage.

This sort of attitude is the common approach to paedo's and part of the problem IMO

If paedo's are attracted to kids the way i am attracted to women then it must be a pretty awful place to be as society tells you you are sick and disgusting, the lowest of the low and you have nowhere to go for help for fear of being completely publicly outcasted.

This particular individual and a lot of other offenders are more than likely vile people but there must be thousands of potential beasts out there who are deeply unhappy and feel that they have nowhere to go for help and so they do these awful crimes.

That doesn't make any sense, paedo apologist.

Opting out of sensible debate

Opting out of sensible debate

Aligning this vile act to sexuality isn't sensible imo.

Broom handle through the eye socket is too good for this c**t, imo.

Aligning this vile act to sexuality isn't sensible imo.

Broom handle through the eye socket is too good for this c**t, imo.

I definitely understand your approach and mind set but there is obviously the bigger picture to be considered that a lot of offenders are obviously mentally ill and the pitch fork attitude isn't the way its going to stop as it hasn't worked so far. There should be some sort of peadophile anonymous set up where would be beasts can get together and help each other through their situations as it is undoubtedly an illness

The death penalty won't work - can you imagine Ian Watkins for example when he was up to no good him thinking oh i better stop this because they'll hang me if i get caught as if 35 years in jail isn't deterrent enough?

I definitely understand your approach and mind set but there is obviously the bigger picture to be considered that a lot of offenders are obviously mentally ill and the pitch fork attitude isn't the way its going to stop as it hasn't worked so far. There should be some sort of peadophile anonymous set up where would be beasts can get together and help each other through their situations as it is undoubtedly an illness

The death penalty won't work - can you imagine Ian Watkins for example when he was up to no good him thinking oh i better stop this because they'll hang me if i get caught as if 35 years in jail isn't deterrent enough?

Westminster? ;)

I'd be all for "locking them up" or whatever you want to call it, with a view to reformation.

Compulsory confinement to an area of strict mental supervision and treatment until such time when they are deemed safe to re-enter society.

Throwing them in prison achieves very little.

how can you prove that they are safe to re-enter society, lock him in a room with a young wean and see what he does

the fact that he chose to prey on the only people that most likely couldnt tell you what happened would always put a doubt in anyones mind if he is ever safe to return to the general public

prison achieves a lot in this case, it keeps a danger to the public off the streets, isnt that what prison is for?

I don't think the offenders deserve anything but jail and punishment but there must be a facility for those who have the urge to this sort of behaviour before they offend.

Setting up a paedo's anonymous would be a good start, its obviously not a popular option but there must be somewhere for some could be offenders to go to seek help without being labelled as social outcasts because as it is paedophiles are the worst people in society and there is no coming back from offending as nobody likes a paedophile.

how can you prove that they are safe to re-enter society, lock him in a room with a young wean and see what he does

the fact that he chose to prey on the only people that most likely couldnt tell you what happened would always put a doubt in anyones mind if he is ever safe to return to the general public

prison achieves a lot in this case, it keeps a danger to the public off the streets, isnt that what prison is for?

Study his behavior and assess whether or not he could cope normally in society.

Most of these people aren't inherently evil. With the right treatment, they can reform.

Going by your logic, anyone who has ever committed a crime should be locked up for life, as you can never tell whether or not they have learned their lesson and can be trusted to re-enter society.

The premise of the prison system in this country is fatally flawed.

Maybe he can have an accident and 'fall down some stairs'.Would be interesting to see if this Geronimo's opinion changed if it had happened to one of his kids.

If it happened to one of my children I'd morph into a blood-hungry madman.

Blood-hungry madmen are not known however for their foresight and sound judgement, which is why the punishment of an offender ought not to be the decision of the victim's family.

Blood-hungry madmen are not known however for their foresight and sound judgement, which is why the punishment of an offender ought not to be the decision of the victim's family.

I agree entirely with this post.

The post directly before this one you said the system was fatally flawed and now you're saying it's spot on - which is it?

The punishment meted out to a child rapist by the victim's family would be a lot more appropriate than a few years in the clink undergoing some lily-livered approach to 'curing' them. Unless this guy was borderline psychotic, a paranoid schizophrenic or a mental illness of that sort, then he knew exactly what he was doing and he's got everything that's coming to him. I love the way 'mental illness' gets a blanket thrown across it here as some sort of excuse.

The post directly before this one you said the system was fatally flawed and now you're saying it's spot on - which is it?

The punishment meted out to a child rapist by the victim's family would be a lot more appropriate than a few years in the clink undergoing some lily-livered approach to 'curing' them. Unless this guy was borderline psychotic, a paranoid schizophrenic or a mental illness of that sort, then he knew exactly what he was doing and he's got everything that's coming to him. I love the way 'mental illness' gets a blanket thrown across it here as some sort of excuse.

The prison system is flawed.

The idea that an impartial, independent body determines the form of punishment handed out to an offender is not.

Mental illness is an extremely serious issue, and you describing attempts to treat people with these conditions as "lily-livered" really isn't on.

Some people just like doing bad things, and the badder the better. Inventing an illness for them doesn't excuse their actions. Grooming and applying for jobs where access to kids is possible, befriending parents etc isn't just giving in to an uncontrollable urge, it's methodical. They know what they're doing is wrong, but they don't give a fcuk unless they get caught. They brag about it to each other in chatrooms ffs.

Maybe he can have an accident and 'fall down some stairs'.Would be interesting to see if this Geronimo's opinion changed if it had happened to one of his kids.

No - one would, I would kill anyone who touched my kids. That's why there isn't direct link to the justice system

The prison system is flawed.

The idea that an impartial, independent body determines the form of punishment handed out to an offender is not.

Mental illness is an extremely serious issue, and you describing attempts to treat people with these conditions as "lily-livered" really isn't on.

Raping kids really isn't on m8.

What is the treatment and success rate for curing paedophiles please?

Archived