Brora Rangers v Montrose, Play Off 1st Leg

Pity that we're just down to a handful of fans travelling to Montrose. It's a pity the Boys Brigade are having their sponsored board games day in the kirk hall on Saturday which seems to be of a draw for people. Was having a drink in the Marine after work and it seems we have several first teamers out with knocks and only 3 subs available. Could be a few of our supports get pressed onto the bench, so bring your boots lads. Looks as if it's Fort William and Rothes for us next season. The Montrose survive.

saracasm does travel well in this instance

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's your average HL crowd ? for all teams

Would say BRFC average is 250-300, but that is since we been doing well, before that, well you don't want to know, Wick seem to be the best supported team at home with gates of 400-500, the smell must be rancid with so many Tinks in the one place.

Pity that we're just down to a handful of fans travelling to Montrose. It's a pity the Boys Brigade are having their sponsored board games day in the kirk hall on Saturday which seems to be of a draw for people. Was having a drink in the Marine after work and it seems we have several first teamers out with knocks and only 3 subs available. Could be a few of our supports get pressed onto the bench, so bring your boots lads. Looks as if it's Fort William and Rothes for us next season. The Montrose survive.

Lulled into a false sense of security comes to mind. Clearly mind games are played up at Brora as well as Boys Brigade board or is it bored games.

Obviously a jealous Golspie Sutherland fan, angry at the thought of Brora's 120,000 seater arena being given the go ahead. It'll be difficult for Brora next year as they'll have to ground share with the local plough races on a Saturday though.

I'm sorry.....this 'subs' banter......could someone explain??

I believe this is what passes as humour in brora. A place so antiquated we will need to hire a tardis instead of a supporters bus to find it.

I don't care if im about to get whooshed, but the depth of 'banter' is absolutely diabetes-inspiring. Not quite sure if i'd stretch to wishing for a home win, but the last thing this league needs is its IQ dragged any further into the shit. Conundrums, conundrums.

Mortgage going on Montrose then

A lot of Brechin fans I know are heading to this one and all of them are backing Montrose. We haven't had a competitive rivalry for quite some time having been in different leagues for 15 years but it would be sad to see our neighbours fall out of the SPFL.

Only fixture that could pull in 1400 (at normal prices none of this freebie pish) on a fucking Baltic January's day in league 2

U mad nobody cares about Stirling bro?

Still a bigger team than you's.

Gutted about absentees in the Brora team for tomorrow and whilst the U17's recruits will try hard it will literally be a game of Men v Boys . Can't be helped but a disappointing end to a monumental season. I think this will be the first game Joe Malin will have missed since joining us so our 2nd choice keeper will be sure to have his hands kept warm tomorrow. Glad Andrew Greig is back, but we will really miss Dale Gillespie, Gavin Morrison, Joe MacDonald and Stephen McKay, and I believe Zander Sutherland is only 50/50. Was speaking to Bill Ballentyne last night and he said it was still his intention to take his mini bus down to Montrose. 5 places still available due to cancelations so contact Bill if you fancy a trip.

Ok - so who will win this one? My money on Mo, only if they play Moyes and Campbell who were a big part of their limited success in April. Big Marv is too slow now and he exposes the defence by trying to drop off to get a couple of extra yards. Brora will sit in and hit on the break. Keep Big Marv to come on up front for last 10 mins if required :)

As my team's season finished before Easter desperate for a competitive game so will travel up for this - Really looking forward to it!

Ross county draw supporters from the whole surrounding area due to the small population of dingwall. Not sure brora will have as much success, infact will they not overlap the county 'catchment area'.

Dingwall has population of 6200 and County draw support from all over Ross-shire and Sutherland. Been a drift of support from County to Brora . No reason why if Brora did go up why they could not play home fixtures on alternative Saturday's, as QOS and Carlisle United do.

Archived