Brora Rangers v Montrose, Play Off 1st Leg

When did a game involving a League Two side and a Highland League side, last pull a crowd of 3,000? the early 90s?

Yes, we need a big crowd. I am ecnouraged to hear "neutrals" are coming. I am hoping for a crowd of around 1,500- still comfortably bigger than any League Two crowd this season. All of us have to face facts that lower league football isn't such a big draw anymore. But I am confident there will be enough folk there to make enough noise. Realism is needed.

A lot of old timers and stay-aways are coming out for this one. Many people who haven't been near LP in years, largely because the football has been so turgid and unwatchable for much of that time, are turning out.

For you neutrals, just be glad you are not going through this. It's as horrible an experience as I've ever had watching football.

Will you be at LP?

QP v Clyde got 2,000 in January so unless you exceed that it won't be the biggest crowd in League 2 this season.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, let's regionalise the lower leagues because some no-mark Walter Mitty figure says so.

Really!! thats your answer, he said its madness and the future is to regionalise, its not his call its his opinion, like yourself we are all entitled to one, as I said next time just pay the media lip service, honesty docent pay.

He has said he thinks the lower leagues should be regionalised, and its madness a club of our size to be faced with travels to Annan and Berwick,

It's madness for a club the size of brora to be inflated to their current position by one mans financial backing.

Im sure it has been investigated by some other posters on here (with far to much time on their hands) that regionalising wouldn't make that much difference to broras average journeys anyway.

Maybe brora could join the north caledonian league if they want to dominate a closed shop full of diddies.

Really!! thats your answer, he said its madness and the future is to regionalise, its not his call its his opinion, like yourself we are all entitled to one, as I said next time just pay the media lip service, honesty docent pay.

His club isn't even in the league setup yet so he should sit down and shut up until then. And if they do go up, then he'll quickly make himself a laughing-stock figure anyway.

QP v Clyde got 2,000 in January so unless you exceed that it won't be the biggest crowd in League 2 this season.

Only because half the district had free tickets. They wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

It's madness for a club the size of brora to be inflated to their current position by one mans financial backing.

Im sure it has been investigated by some other posters on here (with far to much time on their hands) that regionalising wouldn't make that much difference to broras average journeys anyway.

Maybe brora could join the north caledonian league if they want to dominate a closed shop full of diddies.

I agree. but with the timing of the pyramid system this where we find ourselves, the club will do ok if they get promoted, mixing it with all galacticos from the second division, heady days.

Brora have a small squad. We've had a minimum of 4 first team players out of every play off game so far and we've not got beaten. We are playing u18 team players and have nothing on the bench and still the will to win of the players who are there has got us through.

The HL title race got close for a while and Brora had to go away to 5 of the top 7 and both derbies to play, not once having a full team, and they got maximum points. Some of it was far from pretty but somehow they got the job done.

Brora have an unbelievable team ethic and spirit. Against better class opposition it may buckle but don't bet on it. Brora know how to win ugly but they can play and I'd be very afraid if I was Montrose that Brora might hit form again because so far in the play offs we've been poor.

The quote below sums up the mood of Arbroath fans, we need to 'Mo to win as we have a long tradition of local derbies and rivalries - c'mon the Mo !!!
"If I go I'm not sure what I'll do if the Mo score, would feel dirty even clapping

But it's for the greater good

So come on Montrose ".
  • rep_up.png
  • rep_down.png

Arbroath - Montrose is genuinely the worst rivalry I've ever seen.

Mon Brora

Only fixture that could pull in 1400 (at normal prices none of this freebie pish) on a fucking Baltic January's day in league 2

U mad nobody cares about Stirling bro?

Only fixture that could pull in 1400 (at normal prices none of this freebie pish) on a fucking Baltic January's day in league 2

U mad nobody cares about Stirling bro?

Try telling that to our neighbours, totally obsessed with us

For a real neutral this is boiling up into the potential for a great game,if not on the park,but for the wider stage which is the SPFL.

I read in the P&J this morning that Ben McKay is currently on business in the USA and is flying back to the UK on Friday night/Saturday morning,with his connecting flight into Aberdeen at 1pm-hardly the actions of a man not wanting to win a game and gain promotion to Division 2

Reading the thread on this match there seems a perception that Brora Rangers are not really much of a team!-If that attitude permeates down to the Montrose players on Saturday,well I'm afraid the games up!

I note from records that Brora took 368 to Dumfries for the SC Round 4 tie,so I am very surprised that "Brorared" thinks only a minibus will be turning up.Again in the P&J article this morning 3 busses have been booked,with many traveling via train and car.

I see Montrose are very strong favourites with the Bookies at 5/6 with Brora 11/4 - I make the contest much much closer than this.

I'm going to be going and really looking forward to the game.

My prediction Montrose 0-2 Brora with a crowd of 2100 - Far more Brora fans than expected and many neutral too.

Archived