New Unionist Party "launch"

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Scottish Unionist Party have been around since the Anglo-Irish Agreement in the mid-80s. It is basically the political arm of the Orange Order and Mark Dingwall of Follow Follow is heavily involved. It has stood candidates for Holyrood on the regional lists and all that achieves is making sure that the core residual Orange vote has no impact whatsoever in that context.

Is that the same Mark Dingwall who was a leading Tory when I was at university in the 80s? That Mark Dingwall was a rabid Rangers fan and Orange Order member. IIRC, he was a member of the Federation of Conservation Students' executive when it was led by Brian Monteith.

I was a member of the Scottish Unionist Party for a few years and I can't remember Mark Dingwall, not saying he wasn't involved but he certainly wasn't a leading figure at that time anyway- 2005-2008/9ish

It was in the early 1980s, not 2005-9.

Reading their stuff they seem to be keen to point out it's not about religion or football team. No doubt they'll get rabid BritNats following them but fair play to the for at least trying to keep that shite out of it.

The fact that they have to "try" and keep that shite out of it tells you all you need know.

"Loyalists" :lol: You can support/believe whatever you like but the rest of us are also free to think these people are fucking weirdos and almost certainly bigots to a man.

Anyway, this will be a few hundred of the Britnat vote per constitency chipped off the SNP's actual contenders. Probably not much going to make much of a difference but every little helps 8)

Archived