New Unionist Party "launch"

I thought it was quite clear that the sweeping generalisation he made was prejudiced and derogatory towards those he was discussing, sorry for not also including that in my comment, I will be more specific in future for utter sad act pedants like yourself...

Who ever it was that made the comment, I cant be arsed looking back to see, made a comment which quite clearly displayed a bigoted attitude towards Scottish unionists- don't let you same bigoted attitude towards this group cloud your ability to understand this fact.

Scottish unionism? Some press folk and some Gers fans. That's your unionists.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Norman Tebbit (The witch Thatcher's henchman) was on the BBC News Channel on Friday suggesting that, in order to successfully challenge the Scottish National Party, there was a need for a Scottish Unionist Party without any of the negative associations with Westminster.

Don't think this is what he had in mind, nor is the existing Scottish Unionist Party, but you could see where he was coming from - a party fighting for Scottish interests but with an agenda of remaining in the union.

Then again, the old duffer was so confused he seemed to think that Danny Alexander had lost his seat to a 20 year old student.

I doubt it would work. Its grassroots would be racists, funded by Tories.

Union Jack waving Scots are really the worst type of people - I am all for sensible debate and there are problems with independence and SNP elections that are there for debating but your average unionist choses this stance out of identity and refuse to vote on basis of what can make their own lives better.

Nationalists have the same problem and make it out to be a matter of pride and identity, we are still a country in Scotland in our own right and saying no to independence didn't change that. I just wish people would see the argument for what it is rather than saltires and union jacks in our faces all the time because that is what turns everyone into seething maniacs

Moron.

In all seriousness they represent a very old black and white way of looking at things. Be loyal to Queen and country and the union no matter what, union is good, everything that Britain has done is for the best and all sorts of nonsense we know not to be true.

I just want a fresh way of looking at things rather than the traditional black and white approach that has been so successful in dividing us

You moron

Britnats are scum pure and simple. And union jack waving Scots are much worse than Saltire waving Scots as they are self-loathing, they look down on Scotland and talk about it with contempt. Saltire waving Scots are just Scots who are proud of their country, no loathing involved.

Britnats are scum pure and simple. And union jack waving Scots are much worse than Saltire waving Scots as they are self-loathing, they look down on Scotland and talk about it with contempt. Saltire waving Scots are just Scots who are proud of their country, no loathing involved.

You're a sad little fella, aren't you :(

My problem with unionists is they seem to have a very stubborn and rigid belief structure that the establishment is great and that change is not good and they get very aggressive and bitter about it. When independence was on the cards there was so much talk about different ways we could take the country and different changes that could be implemented and all the unionists spoke about was fear and aggression.

My problem with unionists is they seem to have a very stubborn and rigid belief structure that the establishment is great and that change is not good and they get very aggressive and bitter about it. When independence was on the cards there was so much talk about different ways we could take the country and different changes that could be implemented and all the unionists spoke about was fear and aggression.

Doesn't that both ways though?

Doesn't that both ways though?

Yes it does - your average unionist however will believe in keeping the royals for example and not all nationalists want to get rid of the royals. Unionists have a stricter set of opinions on the matter IMO, or at least the ones i try and argue with

Archived