The 56 in Westminster!

It's done a few times - during the Queen's Speech is the most notable because that's the one most people watch.

But he's basically dispatched whenever the Commons are required in the Lords: at the meeting of a new Parliament; the Speaker's approbation; State Opening; Prorogation.

The door is slammed in his face on all occasions.

It serves a purpose. I believe the Black Rod is the monarch's representative in parliament, so by slamming the door in his face, that symbolises the fact that the commons can debate without the royal interference. Pretty funny tbh :lol:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It serves a purpose. I believe the Black Rod is the monarch's representative in parliament, so by slamming the door in his face, that symbolises the fact that the commons can debate without the royal interference. Pretty funny tbh :lol:

It stems from when Charles I went into the Commons to arrest five members. He had his head chopped off shortly after, but no monarch since has set foot in there. I'm not sure what they'd do if Liz rocked up as part of a tour group.

Another relic of the "free from royal influence" thing is the Outlawries Bill - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlawries_Bill

It's done a few times - during the Queen's Speech is the most notable because that's the one most people watch.But he's basically dispatched whenever the Commons are required in the Lords: at the meeting of a new Parliament; the Speaker's approbation; State Opening; Prorogation.The door is slammed in his face on all occasions.

You'd think he'd have taken the hint by now.

Who's due to take over lizzies post?

She can't be that far away from popping the clogs now

If she can last until, I think, September then she'll overtake Vicky as the longest serving monarch we've ever had.

I don't read his posts but since you've quoted it he's kind of right. Except not all of it is actually written anywhere, some bits have never been written down but are implied by other bits of legislation or ruled out by them. Not all of it is written anywhere.

Constitution?

We dont have one mate. Learned that in Primary 3.

A political constitution with ultimate governance from our Head of State, she is a figurehead who endorses the political will of the government, what's the problem!? There will be much bigger things to focus minds on if we do eventually separate from the UK than having a go at the Queen.

A political constitution with ultimate governance from our Head of State, she is a figure of

:lol: Mr forelock tugger desperate to be ruled over by a German billionaire. Ultimate governance actually is from parliament, the Queen is only head of state and governs literally nothing and nobody. Unlucky.

That was what was established when they cut Charles I's head off. For someone who wishes to rim the royals you really have a bit to learn about them.

And this is why the Black Rod has the door slammed in his face.

A political constitution with ultimate governance from our Head of State, she is a figure of

:lol::lol: :lol:

They make the 'constitution' up as they go along and change it as and when they want.

Bad news for you whilst you are drinking your tea out of your Golden Jubilee mug. They can get rid of her any time they like.

Ha Ha get f*cked, just another Keyboard hard man, who fires off insults to someone he doesn't know, it's easy eh mate, pathetic!! :lol:

"vile odious cretin"!? get tae f*ck

You don't know me mate, I don't know you, but if you're happy

to address someone who is a stranger on line with the language that you use, it says everything about how you conduct yourself in your 'real life'? Carry on mate, you must be a really good lad to know.

just more hopeless shite, I'm good with the constitution just exactly as it is thanks It's not arse licking at all, it's my choice.

Rob's really not coping well at all is he?

Archived