The 56 in Westminster!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crying over who gets to sit where.

Given the Commons can only hold 2/3 of the UK's MPs, it seems that it's Labour who are being prissy about seats, not the only show in town.

Given the Commons can only hold 2/3 of the UK's MPs, it seems that it's Labour who are being prissy about seats, not the only show in town.

Simple solution is to reduce the number of English MPs to 59, increase the number of Welsh to 59 and tell NI to GTF. :lol:

I am sure you would be equally annoyed if one of your 7 year olds insisted that they had to sit with the 11 year olds in another class.

I was talking about Skinner...

Looks like the lads and ladettes were given ANOTHER row for applauding after an SNP fella putting a labour fella in his place.

That speaker guy really wisnae too happy. As much as i'd like the SNP to head down their and be examples to them all, I'm kinda alright with them just roundly causing it anaw. Got me a wee bit giddy so it did.

Looks like the lads and ladettes were given ANOTHER row for applauding after an SNP fella putting a labour fella in his place.

That speaker guy really wisnae too happy. As much as i'd like the SNP to head down their and be examples to them all, I'm kinda alright with them just roundly causing it anaw. Got me a wee bit giddy so it did.

Applauding is preferrable to the childlike behaviour of MPs. Too much shite goes on in that chamber for the speaker to take exception to this.

Applauding is preferrable to the childlike behaviour of MPs. Too much shite goes on in that chamber for the speaker to take exception to this.

Totally agree. What will Bercow do, suspend them for clapping?

Anyway, every tradition has to start somewhere - this can be our legacy to the rUK Parliamentary procedures long after we have departed.

applause-gif-audience-public-applaudisse

giphy.gif

applause.gif

Let him chuck the entire Scottish delegation out of the fucking Commons. Let's see how long that fucking tradition lasts.

Nothing more telling about the corruption of the Labour Party than their complete integration into this antique.

Surely to christ applause is more preferable to the "he-ah! he-ah!" shite?

Apparently not.

Tommy Sheppard@TommySheppard4 mins4 minutes ago

So we've just been told off for politely applauding whilst the Tories shout and bray like delinquent children - apologies for being normal.

Emily Ashton@elashton36 mins36 minutes ago

Bercow tells SNP: "The convention that we don't clap in this chamber is very long-established and widely respected."

What a disgrace that the big bad SNP stopped Skinner from coming up with a zinger to match any of these hillarious ones from previous years.

His previous comments include:

• 2012: "Jubilee year, double-dip recession, what a start"
  • 2009: "Royal expenses are on the way" - in reference to the expenses scandal
  • 2006: "Have you got Helen Mirren on standby?" - following release of the film The Queen
  • 2003: "Did she lock the door behind her?" - following break-ins at Buckingham Palace
  • 1992: "Tell her to pay her taxes" as Parliament debated the Queen's taxes

What a disgrace that the big bad SNP stopped Skinner from coming up with a zinger to match any of these hillarious ones from previous years.

You'd have thought he'd have the time to think up a decent gag, what with getting up at 5 am every morning for the past gazillion years to fling a beach towel on his parliamentary seat.

Apparently not.

Tommy Sheppard‏@TommySheppard4 mins4 minutes ago

So we've just been told off for politely applauding whilst the Tories shout and bray like delinquent children - apologies for being normal.

Emily Ashton‏@elashton36 mins36 minutes ago

Bercow tells SNP: "The convention that we don't clap in this chamber is very long-established and widely respected."

Someone should remind Bercow that is was a very long-established and widely respected convention for the Speaker of the House to dress like Little Lord Fauntleroy until one Speaker decided that this was a ridiculous and outdated convention.

Someone should remind Bercow that is was a very long-established and widely respected convention for the Speaker of the House to dress like Little Lord Fauntleroy until one Speaker decided that this was a ridiculous and outdated convention.

It would be horrendous if each MP started clapping every time one of their colleagues spoke though. It would turn into Jeremy Kyle instead of a barnyard. Not sure what's better.

Archived