People who leave before full time

'Beating the traffic' is understandable if you need to beat that traffic to be somewhere at a specific time. At every home St Mirren game, if I have a night out or something, travelling from Paisley back to Cumbernauld, I need to consider the traffic at Sevco Central Park if they're at home too.'Beating the traffic' therefore becomes vital if you don't beat it, get stuck on the M8, and you get home with ten minutes to have a shower, get changed, and get back into Glasgow with the missus for X' pm...Trust me!

The sevco mob would be long gone by the time you get there.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the rage of the so called football purists who decry the early leavers

They are entitled to their opinion of course and I salute their die hard approach and they are the life blood of football and without them society would dissolve into chaos and they should get season tickets at a reduced cost and the early leavers should be made lick their boots clean and be made to buy them plump comfy cushions for their seat and ...etc etc etc

To extend the argument what about the early pie hunters , the weak bladdered , the I've got to take this call in private or the I've forgot to buy my programme lot . These people IMO are utter scum

And don't get me started on the those "fans" who refuse to attend the spectacle that is pre season friendlies . Hanging is to good for them

There was a female munteresque Madrid fan on the tv last night as the camera panned the crowd, nail biting stuff, few minutes to go of a Champion's League semi final and her face was in her phone probably downloading pictures of some super size tapas , now that annoys me more when gold dust tickets get wasted.

I was actually thinking of a specific game. If Oldco are pumping you 3-0 in the first 30 minutes and their scumbag following are celebrating by singing their party songs then I believe it is OK to leave before you do something silly. Supporting Killie, I'd say everyone should definitely stay to the end every week - just to BOOOOOOOOO!

Why would you do something silly? :lol::lol::lol:

I've left 1 game early in my life. Celtic beat us 5-1 in the Scottish Cup in what I think was Samaras' debut.

We were 3 or 4 down after an hour, it was a 12pm kickoff and me and my mate had been drinking all night and morning. We went back to the pub after it went to 4 and were in bed (together) by 5pm.

Never felt as rough.

Left early twice this season but both games were into injury time

Away to Morton, where we had been 1 up for a long long time, Morton equalise about 91 mins, then at 93 they score the winner. it was such a sickener i had to just get out of there.

Couple weeks later at home to Peterhead we decide to chuck a 2-0 lead and are 4-2 down, saw it to close to the end and got out of there.

I've left 1 game early in my life. Celtic beat us 5-1 in the Scottish Cup in what I think was Samaras' debut.

We were 3 or 4 down after an hour, it was a 12pm kickoff and me and my mate had been drinking all night and morning. We went back to the pub after it went to 4 and were in bed (together) by 5pm.

Never felt as rough.

35xyux.jpg

As far as I recall, I've never left a game early. No matter what's going on in the game. I don't expect I ever would either, although once or twice (literally) it's been hard not to give in to the urge to get out! It's partly a "stay / suport them to the bitter end" mentality, but also a very real "anything can happen" thing - not anything as in come back from 6-0 down with 3 minutes to play, but anything as in a freak wondergoal (for either team), some banter-worthy sending off, a manager punching a supporter in the face... Something that you would regret not being able to tell someone you witnessed. You just never know.

As a true born Aberdonian I flat out refuse to leave before I get what I've paid for. Never once left early but plenty of times I wish I had!

^ Probably a bit of this going on with me too, to be fair.

I don't judge the folks who do leave early, it's up to them and I can understand when someone's had enough! However, if there's still time for significant change in the outcome of the match it seems pretty foolish on the part of those whose reasoning is no better than "it's almost over, nothing's likely to change now." I've no sympathy for them at all if they miss a grandstand finish.

I leave early about a dozen times a season. Football is a complete waste of time if you are getting humped.

Im also too much of a seething mess to listen to Aberdeen/ Dundee/ Celtic fans celebrating and to walk through them at the end.

Left a few games early the past couple of seasons if I've been there as a neutral. Only the one ICT game as far as I remember, away to Aberdeen last month so home was just a few minutes away. You could count the number of times we touched the ball in their half on one hand towards the end of the game, no way we were getting anything out of it.

Also left Spurs-Chelsea on New Years Day early seen as we were in London for the darts. Had to leave at 4-2 to get over to Ally Pally in time for the walk-ons. We missed them.

Left 3 games early

1) rangers last game before liquidation, 5 minutes + injury left, I thought "f**k this I'm no listening to these bigoted tunes" and fucked off to the pub.

2) Aberdeen at Tynecastle, left at the start of injury, the sleet wasn't helping.

3) that Motherwell semi-final where we got destroyed. 5 minutes to go.

Not saying I never do it - for example the game at Celtic Park, when first half dominance turned into 4-0 and counting with ten minutes to go, sent me offski.

However, generally with stadia being all seated, it's a minor irritant to have to constantly move, and I wish people didn't do it, especially in close games.

They can at least tell their grandkids about that time they went to the football and managed to beat the traffic.

The only games I've left "early" were both pumpings by Dundee United, left Tannadice after about 60 minutes a couple of years ago when they rinsed us four nil.

Left a Forfar v St Johnstone pre-season friendly about 30 minutes in once, Sam Parkin was the best player on the pitch that day, says it all.

GIRUY

I was also at the Semi at Ibrox. And stayed back an extra five minutes to make up for it.....

Archived