People who leave before full time

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only ever left a game early once. losing 1-0 at home to Montrose in the old Second Division in the early 80s, I convinced my dad to leave about 5 minutes early. As we were walking up the road past the home end, an almighty commotion came from the support, followed by a loud celebratory cheer.

My dad was raging and had convinced himself he had missed an equaliser, he was proper fuming as the radio on his Datsun Sunny wasn't working so didn't get the result til he got home.

Turns out the initial commotion had been a foul by the keeper outside the box, the celebratory cheer being for said offender being brandished a red card and 0-1 it finished.

He still wasn't happy mind!

I've left three games early

1 - 5-1 defeat to Ayr Utd in the league cup. Mainly as we were getting hammered and I was so drunk I couldnt' see.

2 - 5-0 defeat to Rangers at Ibrox. 5-0 down at halftime, thought "I'm not standing in a queue with these dicks for hours at the subway" so left after an hour

3 - 4-0 defeat to Falkirk the season we got relegated. I was drunk and my mate was having an absolute meltdown in teh stands.

I've left early many times due to not feeling well, we were getting absolutely hosed, I was going to a night out later, or I was picking someone up from the airport... Or, or....

Most times I stay to the bitter end, but really, who gives a toss? As others have said, at least we turned up in the first place and paid our money. After that, everyone is perfectly entitled to do what they like.

Having said that, at the end of the 2010 League Cup Final, I was out of Hampden in double quick time and heading down Aitkenhead Road in a rather annoyed mood. The amount of Sevconians who couldn't even be arsed to see their team lift the League Cup beggared belief. Shows how little it means to glory hunting cnuts like those wanks.

I've only ever left early twice. After 4-1 in the 5-1 game against Morton, then two weeks ago at 2-0 down against Partick, though I threw my back out on the way to the game and was in agony, so decided to GTF and beat the rush before I got knocked from pillar to post by folk bumping into me.

Oh and after 80 mins of a midweek game against Rangers as I was starting a nightshift 10 mins after full time.

I managed to walk back to the pub in Perth town centre by 4.30pm during our 0-4 pumping there last season. I then proceeded to get pished and miss the train back to Inverness.

I was also in the pub well before full time during our first hiding at Pittodrie this season.

I generally only leave early if we're getting pumped and I can see no way back. I've not been proved wrong yet, stayed til the end at the Gretna game where we came back from 3-0 down with 8 minutes to go to 3-3.

Last game I left early was the Celtic league cup game, was tempted to go at half time when we were 1-0 down with 10 men, decided to give it until they scored a 2nd. By the time I'd talked another couple into going we were 3-0 down and by the time we'd got in a taxi outside the ground after the second did go in we were 4-0 down.

This season I did

I flew into a raging hissyfit after an Elgin player volleyed in their 3rd to go 3-0 up, this was well well into a horrible run of form for us after we had such a good start, it was just one of they days where they didn't do anything and were 3 up, It was after 60 minutes, stormed out in a huff, by the time I was up the road it was 3-1, walked I to house took jacket off, switched on TV, 3-2, went through to speak to my dad, heard jeff stelling say it was 3-3, fucking typical :lol:

Supposedly we should've won it 4-3 but for a offside call, can't help but feel like a decision like that would've helped us get back on track

Can't think of any other games off the top of my head. Usually stay to the end if were getting pumped

If folk want to leave early, then that’s their business.

However those who say they leave to ‘beat the traffic’ mystify me. You know there’s going to be some traffic, so if it bothers you that much, why bother going in the first place? Also you won’t be telling your kids/grandkids about the time you once beat the traffic, but you might about the time you saw your team score a last minute winner to complete a stunning comeback.

Left Dunfermline 7 1 Stenny early (game was replayed anyway due to us breaking some rules - shock horror). At about five or six nil there wasn't much tension left in the game and the pub seemed more appealing.

If folk want to leave early, then that’s their business.

However those who say they leave to ‘beat the traffic’ mystify me. You know there’s going to be some traffic, so if it bothers you that much, why bother going in the first place? Also you won’t be telling your kids/grandkids about the time you once beat the traffic, but you might about the time you saw your team score a last minute winner to complete a stunning comeback.

'Beating the traffic' is understandable if you need to beat that traffic to be somewhere at a specific time. At every home St Mirren game, if I have a night out or something, travelling from Paisley back to Cumbernauld, I need to consider the traffic at Sevco Central Park if they're at home too.

'Beating the traffic' therefore becomes vital if you don't beat it, get stuck on the M8, and you get home with ten minutes to have a shower, get changed, and get back into Glasgow with the missus for X' pm...

Trust me!

Archived