Your Teams Best Result in Europe?

NoPapacNoParty

Celtic 3 - 0 Legia Warsaw. Was superb seeing the Bhoys turn around a 3 goal deficit from the first leg. The 6 - 0 aggregate win over Sion was pretty sweet too.

That was pretty amazing, I have to say :lol:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too young to see us when we were actually good, so I'll say Dons 4-0 Copenhagen.

Needing a win to qualify from the group and other results to go our way against a tough outfit usually in the Champions League. Smashed 'em. Jamie Smith <3 <3 <3

Too young to see us when we were actually good, so I'll say Dons 4-0 Copenhagen.

Needing a win to qualify from the group and other results to go our way against a tough outfit usually in the Champions League. Smashed 'em. Jamie Smith <3 <3 <3

I still think the significance of our efforts in the 2-2 draw with a world class Bayern Munich in the last 32 was largely underplayed. Hands down my top European game supporting Aberdeen (as also too young to have experienced past glories).

I still think the significance of our efforts in the 2-2 draw with a world class Bayern Munich in the last 32 was largely underplayed. Hands down my top European game supporting Aberdeen (as also too young to have experienced past glories).

I remember that game, surprised nobody has mentioned it considering the huge gulf in quality.

I absolutely loved that aswell, I was jumping about going mental

The result v Bayern was also outstanding when you look at their team

Sure some no mark young lad from Boro (?) scored for you. Great results and a great campaign

I absolutely loved that aswell, I was jumping about going mental

The result v Bayern was also outstanding when you look at their team

Sure some no mark young lad from Boro (?) scored for you. Great results and a great campaign

Josh Walker was his name. Played for a bunch of English lower league sides and is now at Bengaluru FC in India.

The line-ups that night:

Langfield

Maybury Diamond Mair Considine

Nicholson Walker (Touzani 87) Severin Aluko

Mackie (Lovell 68) Miller

Subs Not Used: Soutar, Daniel Smith, Maguire, Bus, De Visscher.
Vs.

Rensing

Lell (Lahm 46) Lucio Demichelis Jansen

Altintop Ottl Schweinsteiger Ze Roberto (Podolski 66)

Toni Klose (Schlaudraff 80)

Subs Not Used: Kraft, Sosa, Breno, Kroos.

Also, someone tweeted recently about the recent records of the 6 teams we played in Europe that season (Dnipro, Panathinaikos, Lokomotiv Moscow, Atlético Madrid, Copenhagen and Bayern Munich). Between them since 07/08 they have:

11 League Titles
10 National Cups
4 CL Finals - 1 win
3 EL Finals - 2 wins so far

Also, someone tweeted recently about the recent records of the 6 teams we played in Europe that season (Dnipro, Panathinaikos, Lokomotiv Moscow, Atlético Madrid, Copenhagen and Bayern Munich). Between them since 07/08 they have:

11 League Titles
10 National Cups
4 CL Finals - 1 win

Puts a Scottish League Cup and a title challenge into a bit of perspective.

11 League Titles
10 National Cups
4 CL Finals - 1 win

That Bayern game was incredible. First time I really noticed Sone Aluko.

Obviously Clyde, as we all know, were cheated out of Europe in 1967, but I must admit to being pretty impressed when I read the other day that Dundee beat Cologne 8 (eight)-1.

Not only did Dundee beat Cologne 8-1 but then went on to home victories over Sporting Lisbon 4-1, Anderlecht (they had knocked out Real Madrid) 2-1 (won 1st Leg 4-1 away) then AC Milan 1-0 in the SF although did lose 1-5 away in the 1st Leg. The only home game I missed was the Cologne game, over 38,000 at the Anderlecht game. Those were the days.

Dundee and Glasgow are the only cities in the UK to have had 2 teams from each city compete in the semi finals of the champions cup.

ETA: European Cup, not champions cup. Been playing too much FM. :lol:

Dundee and Glasgow are the only cities in the UK to have had 2 teams from each city compete in the semi finals of the champions cup.

'Facts you made up thread' for this nonsense.

Archived