Best Central Midfielder ;EPL Era

Best CM in the EPL Era  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He doesn't stack up to Frank Lampard in anything, trophies, games, goals, assists, caps. Can't understand the mass fawning over Gerrard when hes making the exact same career move as Lampard, who seems to have just been forgotten about.

He doesn't stack up to Frank Lampard in anything, trophies, games, goals, assists, caps. Can't understand the mass fawning over Gerrard when hes making the exact same career move as Lampard, who seems to have just been forgotten about.

Gerrard has more caps

Lampard has already had this last season when he left Chelsea

I'd have Gerrard over Lampard at their peaks, but only marginally

Champions League, UEFA cup, FA cup and League cup winner and still people are taking the piss :lol:

Unreal

Don't see what difference that makes to him as an individual or a player mind you

Could apply the same logic to John Obi Mikel for Christ's sake. I'm not trying to convince you to not be a Gerrard fanboy....just kindly pointing out that he's basically engineered a helluva lot of his career at the expense, not betterment, of his club. And they've fucking let him.

Paul Scholes didn't really have a great international career because 1) he wasn't appreciated in the role he played in an England shirt, was largely played out of position and 2) he wasn't overall bothered about England. He gave up international football to focus on his career with United and to play as much as he could there. In the same aspect, Gerrard and Lampard wanted to play for England and did till they couldn't, but apart from more caps, they didn't achieve anything more at England than what Scholes did.

All in all, Scholes never really fitted in to the "English" style of play, but neither did the Lampard/Gerrard combination, they could never find a formation to have both of them in.

Champions League, UEFA cup, FA cup and League cup winner and still people are taking the piss :lol:

Unreal

Don't see what difference that makes to him as an individual or a player mind you

People aren't saying that he wasn't an extremely good player. They're saying that he wasn't as good as he's made out to be and isn't worthy of this level of fawning, which far surpasses the fuss about Lampard last year.

People aren't saying that he wasn't an extremely good player. They're saying that he wasn't as good as he's made out to be and isn't worthy of this level of fawning, which far surpasses the fuss about Lampard last year.

IMO he is

As is Lampard

Maybe Gerrards just more likeable down South, but you can't blame Gerrard for what the media are doing

You're taking the piss about likeable, surely?? The English media have a pair of cuddly-toy clubs where the mood of the fans dictates the publicity surrounding the entire game, in Newcastle and Liverpool. City used to be the third until they finally shackled off the 'hapless loser' tag under Mancini, thus becoming reviled among journos and newscasters who relied heavily on licking up the tears of their poor supporters all those years. Regurgitating any old pish which keeps the Scousers in the belief that their horrible militant message is displayed to the world is vital to the continued memberships of your Sky TVs and sales of red-top headliners. Having one of their own as the poster boy ticks almost every box....so, they decide to fill the telly gantries with ex-Liverpool hereoes to compensate for the fact they've been shite since they started killing innocent Italians at Heysel. Gerrard is in on this as much as anyone. It wouldn't matter anywhere near as much if his medal haul proved it worthwhile. At least he'd know he'd done it on merit.

No I wasn't taking the piss

I think he's a really likeable guy

As is Frank Lampard

I have no idea why he induces such rage in some folk

I have no idea why they've been going so OTT about Gerrard either when they didn't do the same for Lampard

Can't say I'm bothered though, they both know they're as popular as each other

Barcelona use Paul Scholes as a example in training. I've seen him play once and it was like he had a five yard forcefield around him. Always available for a pass and never wasted one. As a complete all round athlete, it's not really his game so hard to criticise.

I rate Makelele highly, it's no coincidence that Madrid and Chelsea went into decline after he left. Alonso, the same.

The thing I find most tiresome about the whole Gerrard wankfest is the constant spouting of how loyal he was, when he really wasn't.

I know he probably would've had thoughts of going to Chelsea but at the end of the day he didn't, even if he had went t Chelsea and had a 2 club career that's pretty loyal in today's standards

But he's played 504 games for Liverpool, only club he's been at for his entire career so far, how can that not be loyal? Seriously? :lol:

Because he would've wanted out at one stage in that 17 year period? Surely that'd be normal?

You're about to be told a story about gangsters and kneecapping him if he'd left.

It's not a particularly good, or true, story. If you have five minutes to waste, stick around and see it out. There might even be another leg added onto it this time.

Z5m3Sq5.png

Archived