How Fuckin Shite Is Edinburgh Airport

HTG

On 22/06/2023 at 00:21, parsforlife said:

Poor lad was probably fed up with stupid c***s being stupid c***s and lost his cool slightly,  something absolutely forgivable in anyone who deals with the public.  Quite frankly they should be allowed abit more,  we can be a bit silly in how much we expect people to bite their tongues just cos they’re at work.

The reason security at the airport takes too long most of the time is due to this sort of idiocy,  it would make the experience better for everyone if idiots got called out more often.

If you're dealing with the public than surely the least that can be expected from you is to be civil to them until they give you a reason not to i.e. behaving aggressively or rudely towards you.  To have an attitude as the default mode seems wrong IMHO.

On 23/06/2023 at 12:09, hk blues said:

If you're dealing with the public than surely the least that can be expected from you is to be civil to them until they give you a reason not to i.e. behaving aggressively or rudely towards you.  To have an attitude as the default mode seems wrong IMHO.

I worked on a project at Glasgow Central for three weeks which meant I had some access that members of the public didn't have. 

The amount of times staff would shout at me, sometimes incredibly foul mouthed and aggressive until I held up my ID badge was unreal. They must deal with a lot of c***s during the day but they seemed to treat anyone they didn't know as a c**t. 

When I watch the Inside central station doc and see them all making out as if they are all friendly, helpful folk. Bollocks. 

I flew from Edinburgh to the Faroes and back last week. No problems on departure apart from the aforementioned issues with the bag drop being understaffed. On the way back, it took almost an hour for the luggage to appear on the carousel, meaning that I was cutting it very thin to catch a tram in time to Haymarket for my train north.

By far the most disorganised, understaffed airport in the UK. Never recovered from Covid as they paid everyone off! Airlines should be putting more pressure on these operators, Swiss Port & Menzies Aviation Services need to get their shit together! Ruining holidays both at the beginning and end! Should be ashamed. If I was running a business like this would be bankrupt, everyone just accepts this mediocre service and keep on paying! All wrong

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/transport/edinburgh-airport-bosses-draft-in-couriers-to-tackle-baggage-chaos-as-passengers-report-delays-of-up-to-two-weeks-4248365

The airport, which is not responsible for baggage handling, has drafted in a company to help unite travellers with their bags.

I take it the airport is only responsible for extracting money from passengers.

Edinburgh took the general manager from Glasgow and he, in turn , brought over a lot of airlines and trade with him (all supported by the SNP). The airport is not big enough for the amount of flights they now have and Glasgow has become the poor dying relative but this has meant GLA can provide a better service albeit the connections are not great except for the great white taxis sitting right outside waiting to take you anywhere you want. 

On 09/08/2023 at 14:08, Lola montez said:

Edinburgh took the general manager from Glasgow and he, in turn , brought over a lot of airlines and trade with him (all supported by the SNP). The airport is not big enough for the amount of flights they now have and Glasgow has become the poor dying relative but this has meant GLA can provide a better service albeit the connections are not great except for the great white taxis sitting right outside waiting to take you anywhere you want. 

The buses outside the same exit as the taxis take you to Glasgow City Centre in 15 mins. 

The Taxis will take you to Gilmour street in 5 mins where you can get trains to Ayrshire/Inverclyde every 10 mins or so. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lufthnsa have just cancelled my planned Frankfurt flight. Offered me 6am, 6pm or transferring in Brussels as alternatives. Their shite AI bot can't offer me Glasgow to Frankfurt as an alternative, so I'll need to phone them to see if they can change it manually. I really don't want to be flying Edinburgh to Frankfurt at 6pm, but getting into my hotel in Mannheim around midnight is a damn signt better than having to pay for a hotel at Edinburgh airport and then still having to be up at stupid o'clock for a 6am flight.

Not Edinburgh Airport's problem, but f**k me Lufthansa are making it difficult for my trip in 2 weeks time.

On 09/09/2023 at 01:50, BallochSonsFan said:

Lufthnsa have just cancelled my planned Frankfurt flight. Offered me 6am, 6pm or transferring in Brussels as alternatives. Their shite AI bot can't offer me Glasgow to Frankfurt as an alternative, so I'll need to phone them to see if they can change it manually. I really don't want to be flying Edinburgh to Frankfurt at 6pm, but getting into my hotel in Mannheim around midnight is a damn signt better than having to pay for a hotel at Edinburgh airport and then still having to be up at stupid o'clock for a 6am flight.

Not Edinburgh Airport's problem, but f**k me Lufthansa are making it difficult for my trip in 2 weeks time.

Seems to be an issue with Lufthansa, offer a flights a day then cancel the underfilled flights, moving everyone on to another one. 

I was flying out of Glasgow with them earlier in the year to Prague, noon flight out with a 4pm connection, they cancelled my noon flight and moved me to the 6am meaning 8 hours to kick about Frankfurt airport after being up from 3am. 

My flights in a few weeks have been pissed about with again, I was due in to Glasgow around 8pm and I now land at 11pm another couple of hours in Frankfurt. 

Edinburgh closed at short notice twice over the weekend for emergency runway repairs, which is an aberration if you ask me. An airport’s main asset is its runway. Without it they don’t have the ability to fleece any Tom, Dick and Harry for fast track security, parking charges or £7 a pint at 3.30am. Of course they could’ve used their other runway for the intervening period when the repairs were ongoing… but they put a car park on it 5 years ago and concreted over the rest of it with aircraft stands that can’t be used in the winter because the drainage goes straight into the Gogar Burn. Have also actually heard the main runway is about 3 years overdue for resurfacing, they just won’t commit the money to it.

I was back in Edinburgh airport not too long ago. Shambles was an understatement. Was trying to get on a KLM flight to Schipol for a transfer. Arrived by accident at the airport 20 minutes before check-in opened. So thought Id have plenty time to maybe get a beer or go to the shops. Oh dear.

There were only 3 staff on the desks. By the time we got to the front of the line it was only 15 minutes before departure. Luckily got a notification that the flight was delayed so made a dash for it through security, bypassing the clumsy oaf types that haven't a clue, the "no sir, you cant have this 750ml bottle of shampoo in your hand luggage" sorts. Made it to the gate to find to find the plane hadn't even boarded yet. Luck was in. 

When on board, the pilot eventually came on the tannoy to apologise for the delay. Apparently the airport had sent the incoming flight to the wrong gate. Then they had forgot to provide stairs for the passengers to get off for about 40 minutes. Now we were waiting because despite everyone being on board, the ground staff had now forgotten to take the stairs away. This took about another 20 minutes for them to reappear. 

I didn't have much time for KLM before this but I was really impressed with the crew. Once the seatbelt sign was off, the Captain swapped with one of the air stewardesses (obviously the co-pilot was flying, not her), grabbed an ipad and was moving all the passengers around, so that everyone with a quick turnaround time for their connections were seated at the front of the plane in time for landing. We didn't get moved as we had 35 minutes now for our flight, which was seemingly one of the longest. 

We got to Amsterdam, and everyone on our flight seemed to make their connections. The groundstaff in Amsterdam there were all pointing the passengers the right way. It was so well done, the polar opposite of the incompetence at Edinburgh. 

Flew in to it coming back from America in July. Massive queues as soon as you came off the flight, eventually after about an hour of waiting we made it in to the passport control room to see that's what the hold up was. Eventually made it through there to baggage reclaim which was absolutely stinking of a really strong smell of pish. 

A great welcome to our fine country.